It's Shaco! Where'd he g-... Carleton's guide to an AP Shaco

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Carleton

02-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by mOeeOm View Post
I hate that you don't go jack in the box first and solo the golem, you can get level 2 very easily and have the buff before your lane partner even starts killing minions :P.
Ahhhh! Thank you for bringing that up. I do that most every game and I can't believe I left it out. I will add that either tonight or tomorrow.

ArcZSlash

02-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carleton View Post
Runes & Masteries
There are 2 masteries that I've found to be most effective with this build.
My preferred choice of masteries for Shaco is 21/9/0
Offence
1x Archmage's Savvy
3x Deadliness
4x Sorcery
1x Burning Embers
1x Archaic Knowledge
3x Sunder (Increases your deceive damage)
3x Brute Force (Further increases your deceive damage)
3x Lethality (Increases your deceive even MOAR!)
1x Havoc (Makes everything hit harder)
Defense
3x Hardiness
1x Resistance
4x Evasion
1x Nimbleness
Ok, so why did I choose to go all the way down the offense tree and pick up lots of melee masteries when I'm playing an AP shaco? Well, since we leave deceive at level 1 throughout most of the game, these small boosts will help deceive do considerably more damage. I chose to put 9 points in defense because we take almost get almost no survivability through items so the 6 AR helps somewhat but it's the Evasion and Nimbleness that we really want.
The other choice for Shaco would be to go 9/0/21 to maximize the amount of cooldown reduction you can get.
Utility
3x Perseverence (Who doesn't like natural regen?)
1x Good Hands (We don't use ghost or teleport)
4x Awareness
3x Meditation
2x Utility Mastery
3x Quickness
1x Blink of an Eye (Mmm more flashes)
3x Intelligence
1x Presence of the Master (Even more flashes?!)
Offense
3x Archmage's Savvy
1x Deadliness
4x Sorcery
1x Archaic Knowledge

Farming
Avoid soloing at all costs!!!
Offensive masteries suck for AP Shaco, utility and archaic knowledge is the best.

He's a great soloer if played right.

Could've formatted it not to be a block of text so I would want to actually read it without killing my eyes.

Carleton

02-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcZSlash View Post
Offensive masteries suck for AP Shaco, utility and archaic knowledge is the best.

He's a great soloer if played right.

Could've formatted it not to be a block of text so I would want to actually read it without killing my eyes.
If you'll take a look at your quote, you'll notice that I did include a utility spec as well. Personally, I find it rather lackluster and prefer my offensive spec. But hey, that's just me.

I also took some time to try and format it a little better, I hope that it helps!

Finally, with the limited regen of my build soloing just isn't a very viable option unless you're facing some really incompetent players.

nissefaan

05-03-2010

Hi. You wrote: Second-item: Boots of speed, and then 4th item: Merc treads or sorcerers boots. do you get the doble speed of this or is it just for the other passives?

nissefaan

05-04-2010

Haha.. sry I thought you ment boots of swiftness:P then its ok ! The Guide was really nice!

Egernet

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-28-2010

hehe yo, a little mistake:

Glyphs: greater SEAL of focus:P

haha nothing big just noticed while i tried the build out in theory:P

oh yeah, ur offensive mastery tree is missing a point, when summed up, it all gives 20 points and not 21... but i think all ppl wil know where to put the remaining point (hint: CLOUD BURSTER; GIVES 2 SQUIRRELS TO UR TEAM FOR GOOD PLAY)

Naesala

05-28-2010

Btw there's a really nice thing you can do with Hallucinate. If you're extremely good (or lucky) you can dodge any damage that would otherwise hit you for a split secound for example, karthus uses his ult and you'll die if it hits, you uses the skill just exactly before it does the damage and voila the split secound between your normal form and the time it takes to create a copy creates a sort of anti damage rift which nulifies that karthus ult however this isn't easy to do but if you do manage to master it then you won't need to worry about teleporting back when the enemy team got a karthus.

Charmicarmicarmicat

05-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carleton View Post
It's late and I'm tired so I'll make this quick. I like your thoughts on archmage's and I'll try out deadliness instead but I have to disagree about ignite vs. exhaust for a few reasons. Ignite, at level 18, does 500 damage (50+[25*18]) which is a pretty hefty chunk of unmitigated damage. Also, it only has a 2 minute cooldown which makes it come up quite quickly. I think i'll try a game or two w/ignite/exhaust but I know I will miss flash.. One deceive is nice but two? It's pretty hard to be so far away that 2 teleports can't get you behind a wall and safe.
Thanks for your input!
Just for the record, Ignite is 3 minutes cooldown. The tooltip is wrong.

Fluffy1

05-29-2010

did anyone here check the date on this guide, looks like this thread has been necro'd a number of times. it was dated to back before he got nerfed with the shiv revealing you and jitbs lowered AP ratio. but for a guide from last year its allright.

Pan est un cone

06-21-2010

guys check the video on youtube ap shaco lol the guys pwns with this build dont need to move this build rox dude