Redesign: Nunu the Yeti rider

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Talimwind

08-05-2009

Current abilties:

• Consume
The yeti takes a bite out of target minion, killing it and restoring health.
  • Blood Boil
Increases a friendly unit's attack and movement speed for a time.
  • Ice Blast
Nunu throws a ball of ice at an enemy unit, dealing damage and slowing their movement
speed by 50% for 4 seconds.
  • Absolute Zero
Nunu begins to sap the area of heat, gradually slowing all nearby enemies. At the end of the spell, he deals massive damage to all enemies caught in the area.

• Visonary (Passive)
Nunu restores 10% mana per hit and sometimes gain the Visonary buff making the next spell cost 0 mana.

Some of the skills Nunu have are useless "See Consume" and some are just underpowered se "Absolute Zero" so i've decided to give remaking him a go.

• Consume --> Artic pressence (Aura small)
Slows nearby targets by X% per second (up to X%) Decrease casting time of Absolute Zero by 0.X seconds per level.
Causes Nearby champions to gain x% movement speed and x% attack speed whenever they kill a minion (5x per champion) stacks,
Activate to double the amount for x seconds, turning the Passive effect off.
  • Ice Blast (unchanged)
  • Absolute Zero (Redesigned)
Nunu channels for up to 4 seconds, slowing any unit within, after 2 seconds any target within it will get stunned for 0.5 seconds, after the channel Nunu deals a high amount of damage. Absolute Zero can't be interupted and he takes 50% less from all sources.

• Visonary (Unchanged)
Notes: i was thinking Artic pressence could have about 1,2,3,4,5% slow per level and is stacked every 5-10 seconds. with a 200-300 range. and a 0.2, 0,4, 0,6, 0,8, 1 second reduction on Absolute Zero.

as for Blood Boil, i think its pretty nice as it was but its a bit generic and boring, if this is a good change i dont know. But i liked the idea so i added it, if its to much or change the hero to much, its not that big a deal to just revoke the change.

as for Absolute Zero, the idea is that he can still be blasted with spells and attacked but it wont interupt absolute zero and he wont take as much damage. and with the aid of Artic pressence its a bit easier to get them inside it. Ofc the damage will be nerfed to something like 1.5-1.8 instead of the current 2.5, but i think its better with a spell that works, then a spell that does alot of fireworks when no one's around..

if you find any flaws or have better ideas please post them here, i would love to hear other opinions.

Talimwind

08-05-2009

for some reason the text on the redesigned blood boil disapeared so here it is again:

Blood boil (Redesigned) (passive, active)
Cause nearby champions to gain x% atk speed and x% movement speed whenever a minion is killed
(5 times for champion)
active to gain twice as much for x seconds but removing the passive ability for x seconds

TL Phrost

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-05-2009

I think nunu is fine as is right now.

Consume is a very very good skill early game. It allows you to stay in lane while being constantly harassed and not have to blue pill too early.

If you made those changes to absolute zero you'd have to severely nerf its scaling, which would make it not even worth casting at that point.

Nunu's ult is stoppable but does a lot of damage so if you time it well you can obliterate a whole team.

Nunu i think is a very good chaser and killer with a mejai's soulstealer and lichbane its very hard to catch and kill him and he does a ton of damage and has a near constant slow.

P0nceDeLeon

12-03-2012

nunu isnt op!

yes92

12-03-2012

If you take away consume you pretty much take away jungle Nunu