Best Champions to carry low elo?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

rogercham

05-21-2013

What are the best champions to carry low elo games? Like in Bronze League.

ItsJustPain

05-21-2013

Use akali or Fizz

67chrome

05-21-2013

According to LoLKing win-rates for solo Queue, the best 10 for bronze league over the last month (going from best to 10th best) are Amumu, Sejuani, Sona, Rumble, Zyra, Hecarim, Rammus, Janna, Wukong, and Singed.

My guess is that nobody wants to play support or tank, so actually playing as one will see you win more by simply having an actual support and tank on your team. That said - most of those can single-handily win team fights from one well-timed ability cast.

Janna actually stays in the top 10 win rates all through silver, gold, platinum, diamond, and challenger from those I listed. If you're doing 5 vs. 5 instead it' pretty much Twisted Fate.

If you want to check out win-rates and whatever yourself, here's a link to LoL King.

Deep Sea Dingo

05-21-2013

akali, Fizz, LB, Irellia, JAXimus( only if you have the skin), Ashe( with Trinforce), Cassiopeia, SWAG MASTA SWAIN, Surfer SINGED, SOLO TOP WW, Munkey MOTHA ****'N KING, MANTHEON, CHampionship riven( oh my bad you dont got it), Cap'n LAZER EYES, Dunk Master( Darius yii is ****), Master Yii ( AP ). Twisted ****head ( but you are bronze so clearly not of the asiatic nation), Leona asuming you can land skill shots, SSSOOONNNAAA!!!! ( broke moth ****a), and lastly Vieger ( cause players at your elo dont know what MR is.

PS. "CANT STOP THE ROCK" CORKI whisky delta *****.

NoMonku

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-21-2013

Technically ANYTHING can carry low elo if you have enough skill. Champions like Shen and TF are godly with their global presence. I know rammus decimates lower elo's since people don't know how to not push.

For me I could carried myself with TF before people started to ban him or would counterpick him, so you can try him. He's still strong despite his recent nerf, so you can try that. If not I feel just get good with champions you like that can conform to current meta.

ItsJustPain

05-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMonku View Post
Technically ANYTHING can carry low elo if you have enough skill. Champions like Shen and TF are godly with their global presence. I know rammus decimates lower elo's since people don't know how to not push.

For me I could carried myself with TF before people started to ban him or would counterpick him, so you can try him. He's still strong despite his recent nerf, so you can try that. If not I feel just get good with champions you like that can conform to current meta.
TF can not carry
Adc's can

67chrome

05-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsJustPain View Post
TF can not carry
Adc's can
Actually - most AD Carries are ironically horrible at carrying games, as they tend to be too reliant on their allies to really carry their allies to victory. If you're allies have things under control - you can pew pew pew things from a safe distance and feel good about yourself for dealing plenty of damage. And mostly the skills involved with carries revolves around when to stand still and attack and when to keep your distance - which even terrible players usually have some understanding of. A major problem with pure-offense champions is that there kit allows them to win while they're winning, but prevents them from doing much of anything when they're loosing. If you need a boost to win more games - playing champions that fall flat on their face when you start loosing isn't going to help.

Now - champions with insane utility that make enemy movements obvious and force advantageous situations on your team - those champions can actually carry games. If it's from insane utility - you can even turn around loosing games. Because utility doesn't scale with gold. It just tends to be useful regardless. A solid Blitzcrank grab can turn a loosing game into a winning one. A well-placed Amumu ultimate can shut down multiple hyper-carries long enough to turn a loosing fight into a winning one. Judicious application of Twisted Fate's global pressure, stuns, and solid band-aid for your allies not warding anything can really help regain map-control under tremendous hostile pressure.

At least that's true for around summoner level 20 and up. If you're smurfing and fighting against players with no idea what they're doing and you know how to play pure-damage champions, pure damage is the way to go. When it comes to utility based champions you also have to be somewhat skilled with them to make a difference - you're not helping as Blitzcrank if you can't land a single grab, you're not helping as Amumu if you initiate a fight a screen length away from your closest ally, your not helping with TF if you can never pick the right card, land his poke, use his reveal when everyone is chilling at base, and misjudge were to teleport from. But that's also why playing such champions allows for a better route to carry your team - if you're actually good with them you've got a guaranteed high-skill cap, high-impact champion on your team.

MisterFunk

05-21-2013

Jungle Xin built with support items (Locket, Bulwark) has been carrying me pretty well. Wukong can also carry very well because of his great harass and Q damage

TheSHUTTERdown

09-12-2014

MisterFunk is right.

Xin-Zhao can just jump an enemy and punish them if they are not smart enough to run.