Just unlocked Ezreal, need some advice.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Capolek

01-24-2011

Hello, today i just unlocked Ezreal. Despite being considered weak and mayhby somehow not-viable I wanted to try something harder, here i mean his skillshots. And yes, its hard. He is not facerolling like ahe, fortune or trist.
I d love to try him AP and AD. So I ask you, mayby more experienced players how to build him. And if rushing triforce as AD is best option?

Cheers )

Krazlam

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-24-2011

I don't mean to sound rude, but you should have tried him out before purchasing, or at least done some research. I've bought a few champions I didn't know how to play before and after awhile I just stopped playing them entirely because they weren't my type.

As far as how to build him, I've seen a lot of people play him successfully as a straight AP build. Typical AP items seem to work out alright for him, though I know some of his skills support an AD build. The problem I see with his AD build is that like you said, he's not like Ashe, Tristana or Miss Fortune. All three of those are good ranged carries with slows and better range than Ezreal's auto attack. Ezreal built AP however, is a real pain to lane against, and can be painful in team fights, since 2 of his skills deal AoE damage to champions.

I hope what I said helps a bit, I'd give more details on what to build exactly, but since I haven't played Ezreal much, I'm not sure what would be most fitting for the champion.

Ensign Drej

01-24-2011

As AD, I find insane success by running 19/0/11 to get the extra AD for last-hitting and MP5, both for laning and harrassing. Get a Brutalizer, then a Sheen if you want Q to hit hard mid-game. If you want to have more a presence late-game and are able to deal with a slightly weak mid-game, get a Bloodthirster then Sheen and Tri-Force. Get You'muu's last.

Boots are based on your liking, and I like the cooldown boots. With those, You'muu's and runes/masteries, my cooldown reduction is maxed, making Q a 1.4 second cooldown if it hits.

Don't forget about situational defensive items.

As AP, get a traditional 9/0/21 build. You need more farming but can deal and insane amount of burst damage with really low cooldowns. AP is not that popular because it's a bit harder to play since your main nuke (W) has a shorter range than Q and your E can quite possibly put you in a bad situation. However, your ultimate hits like 5 trains full of bricks. At rank 3 with about 500 AP, which is easily attainable with the Deathcap, you should be hitting for about 1100. (650 base plus a 0.9 ratio) To the first person, that is, so aim carefully.

Tear is a really good idea early-on, afterwards getting a Deathcap (after Sorceror's Shoes). Finish Archangel's then work on a Banshee's for the survivability (and extra damage thanks to Archangel's) and finally a Nashor's. (With just Nashor's my cooldown reduction is maxed with runes/masteries) They're all pretty expensive so many games won't run much longer. If they do, definitely get a Lich Bane to finally make Q useful for AP.

As for early-game, get a Doran's for whichever build, blade or ring. They really help.

CheerUpEmoKids

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-24-2011

Go AD. He is very facerollin, don't know where your info is coming from. He can really dish it out. AP used to be amazing when W could heal but now...ehhh....imo of course.

Capolek

01-24-2011

As AD i feel like doin no dmg so far, but I am tryin and tryin, so i ll get better eventually mayby. ;p

Mambazo

01-24-2011

AD is far superior to AP. Go pure damage/armorpen he gets all the attackspeed he needs from his passive, plus hucking Q's at stuff interrupts your autoattacks, further reducing the effectiveness of attackspeed. Brutalizer/Last Whisper/Black Cleaver (yes i know i said don't get attackspeed, but black cleaver is still efficient on him) and Frozen Mallet for some hp, then situational survivability usually works for me.