Pantheon Jungle

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Payasor

05-20-2013

Hi, my enigma with pantheon its than if i shoulda upgrade the "Hunter's Machete" or not becouse as jungler this item will burst ur role as jungler but will at the same time prolong the time than u need for can reach other potential items like for example the "brutalizer", an item than excel in cost/efi , anyway i pref build it into a "Spirit of the Elder Lizard" OR just ignored it and sell it later if i need the space...soo shoulda upgrade it or not? (Hunter's Machete).

excuse me for my improvised english. :P ty all for the answers

Magicslime

05-20-2013

You should probably upgrade it, as the quicker clear times will help you gank more often and get more gold. However, the one thing that confuses me is why you are jungling with pantheon in the first place. He is one of the worst fighters/bruisers for jungling, and is much better suited to top lane. That being said, any champ if played exceptionally well can pull off the jungling role, it's just that some make for better junglers than others.

AcornGames

05-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicslime View Post
You should probably upgrade it, as the quicker clear times will help you gank more often and get more gold. However, the one thing that confuses me is why you are jungling with pantheon in the first place. He is one of the worst fighters/bruisers for jungling, and is much better suited to top lane. That being said, any champ if played exceptionally well can pull off the jungling role, it's just that some make for better junglers than others.
Hes not a bad jungler at all IMO. He's an assassin who can burst most champs health down by atleast half in one combo. Combine that with his Ult and he has amazing ganks.
So while his cleartimes are slow, he should be getting some early kills to make up for it.

His downfall is the same as when hes playing Top; He has to snowball because late game he falls off hard.

@OP
Depends on how the game is going. I might upgrade it to Madreds and leave it at that.

As Pantheon I feel his Jungling strength comes from his strong Ganking power, and the fact that hes building AD which will help you rip apart Towers, giving you that early game dominance Pantheon needs.

Sephïroth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-21-2013

Spirit of the Lizard Elder is amazing for Pantheon.

He's not the greatest jungler because he has no natural sustain. Though his ganks are pretty good since he can take a free tower hit or possibly two if you do it right.

Cenerae

05-21-2013

At the very least, upgrade it to Madred's. It won't set you back any since you more than make up the cost in the increased jungling speed you get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph´roth View Post
He's not the greatest jungler because he has no natural sustain. Though his ganks are pretty good since he can take a free tower hit or possibly two if you do it right.
Natural sustain doesn't matter unless you plan to jungle for extended periods of time. The point of playing Panth as a jungler is to pull off ballsy early game ganks and to capitalise fully on his ult. Not to sit in the jungle and afk farm it (which he is poor at).

Sephïroth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cenerae View Post
Natural sustain doesn't matter unless you plan to jungle for extended periods of time. The point of playing Panth as a jungler is to pull off ballsy early game ganks and to capitalise fully on his ult. Not to sit in the jungle and afk farm it (which he is poor at).
Okay, so what do you do when there is no good ganks available?

This is why I say he lacks sustain, in a game where the ganks just aren't there to be had, he will fall behind severely.

Yes, he should be looking for every opportunity to gank, but this is the reason he is not competitively played in the jungle. Its a very high risk with a medium level reward. Other junglers have the same CC and burst he does, without the sustain issue.

Cenerae

05-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph´roth View Post
Okay, so what do you do when there is no good ganks available?

This is why I say he lacks sustain, in a game where the ganks just aren't there to be had, he will fall behind severely.

Yes, he should be looking for every opportunity to gank, but this is the reason he is not competitively played in the jungle. Its a very high risk with a medium level reward. Other junglers have the same CC and burst he does, without the sustain issue.
If no ganks are available, you force them to become available, or you just don't pick Panth to jungle with anyway.

As you noted, he can block 1-2 tower shots with his passive. That can create openings that other junglers can't. If you're not willing to do ballsy ganks like that you shouldn't be jungling with him, because of the aforementioned crappy sustained jungling.