Could someone please explain Varus to me?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

majestiic

05-21-2013

My first time playing him and im reading his abilities and looking at a guide and im confused because hes suppose to go AD? But most his abilities scale off AP and then the guide says to max E first but his Q seems like his main source of damage. Of course i have no idea what im talking about tho so could anyone help?

05-21-2013

Max W first.

3 stacks -> press E
3 stacks (again) -> press Q
3 stacks (again) -> R

majestiic

05-21-2013

So he should never go AP then?

TAScientist

05-21-2013

what do you mean "most"? two skills scale with ap, two scale with ad

regardless of that though, he does most of his damage with autoattacks, so you should be building him ad

Shut It Donny

05-21-2013

Most? 2 are AD 2 are AP. But his primary damage spells are both AD. Also he has a built in AS steroid in his passive. Maxing E gives you a better slow allowing you to land a full charged Q with more consistency.

agbudar

05-21-2013

varus is an odd one they made him able to go ap/ad kinda like kayle or teemo can go either way ..sorta

my brother calls ap varrus sleepers OP but yeah hopefully they leave him alone the poor guy has no escapes and a low mobility

going AD his W and E are just for the utility tiny extra burst
his Q is a very poten sniper skill that can really make a difference imagine yourself a small ashe arrow that hits everything but isnt global slows/stuns and his ult is a nice snare that can snare like everyone
combine that with morgana ult for the lolz

Tupples

05-21-2013

His Q is really hard to hit. His E is reliable and easy to hit (kinda)
He's played as ADC because his kit is designed around that, he just fills that spot and going AP on him just doesn't work.
2 of his abilites scale off AP because if they didn't he'd be pretty OP (if they ALL scaled off of AD)

When you play him, try to put 3 marks of your W on them and then pop it. That's the main concept.

Tupples

05-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10042013 View Post
Max W first.

3 stacks -> press E
3 stacks (again) -> press Q
3 stacks (again) -> R
yeah maxing W is also great.

Sun Tzu X2

05-21-2013

Reason why you Max E first is because it proc's your W passive over multiple targets.