[Quinn] Vault Needs Work, so does Valor Form

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eyrgos

05-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid Hat View Post
Quinn is really strong, she would get brutally nerfed if she were to get something like this. just wait shes gona end up in pro LoL big time

I highly doubt it.

Pro players would:

1) know how to CC her ultimate or not get caught out by it (also have proper vision to be preemptive or to see it coming & act accordingly)

2) know how to punish/manipulate her short-range

3) know how to cast through her blind, effectively negating it

4) know how to gimp vault (very easy)

As well, I don't believe these types of changes really merit nerfs, spare perhaps one...

The only nerf I could foresee is a slight reduction in the passive AS-bonus in Valor Form as compensation (which I consider acceptable/agreeable), but I see that occurring independent of these changes anyway as her tower-zerging ability is too great with it as-is (imo).

Stupid Hat

05-20-2013

I don't know dude, top Quinn with FM and BOTRK is just plain stupid

Eyrgos

05-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flux Aureo View Post
Where do you get this from? I mean, I haven't run the math, but to affirm that Quinn DPS is 30% below any other ADC...

IT IS predictable, the closest you are to your target, the faraway you will leapback and viceversa. Thing is, it wouldnt do harm if you could get a visual indicator, maybe like Draven's, to know your landing spot.

Okay, but not really necessary. I would like to see some flavor added to Valor W, since you "lose" the passive.

Quinn is already a good cleaner/catcher, and would further enhance her mobility. Im not sure if she needs more mobility, or fixing her weak sides.

I dont consider Quinn to be a bad champion, to be honest. You need to understand that her Ultimate isn't like Vayne, but it is meant to catch up lone guys and duel them, to clean in teamfights after you have the advantage and to burst somebody down with E,Q,R.
I honestly don't consider Quinn to be a bad champion either, I just think there are things currently keeping her from being a viable competitive pick (or ever being one without some QoL, on Vault particularly)...

On that note, I'm a long-time ADC main & the 30% under in DPS comes from maining Quinn from release & comparing her numbers on my profile to the numbers on every other ADC I've mained before her.

Also, Vault CAN BE predictable, but will often whack out... that's the thing... refer to one of my previous reply posts that speaks to this.

Where was talk of "losing" the passive in Valor Form?

True that Quinn is already a good cleaner/catcher, I just think the reducing slowing is nice (as many Quinn's, in my experience, feel the need to build FM... or that one root/slow/stun can waste your ultimate, which can feel pretty crappy) however you're right--it's not essential.

Eyrgos

05-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid Hat View Post
I don't know dude, top Quinn with FM and BOTRK is just plain stupid
Eh... Nasus//Darius/Elise/Gangplank/Rumble/Singed/Xin and more all counter her quite well in top-lane... just because she doesn't have 'many' counters at top doesn't mean that she's stupidly OP or anything... top-lane is a lane of extreme counter-play, that's really just how it goes.

Having played Quinn & played against her, I know how to gimp her pretty bad in a top-lane context if I'm to fight against her.

Flux Aureo

05-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyrgos View Post
Where was talk of "losing" the passive in Valor Form?
You "lose" the Harrier passive. I mean, I like hitting the bullseye, get more damage and have a MS and AS increase. In Valor form, which is logical, Valor doesnt mark enemies. I know, you move faster and you hit faster always, still... I dont find it "cohesive".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyrgos View Post
I honestly don't consider Quinn to be a bad champion either, I just think there are things currently keeping her from being a viable competitive pick (or ever being one without some QoL, on Vault particularly)...
Can't talk here, but her low range and the fact her ultimate makes her melee, thus making a High Risk/High Reward champion isnt that good when you have money on the line.

Quinn capitalizes on your mistakes: If you splitpush, Quinn is going to run at you in Valor Form and wreak your face in a duel. If you dont focus her first in a fight and save your CCs when she decides to enter in bird mode, you are going to have a bad time. If you dont consider the burst that comes from E/Q/R or factor the DPS loss during Blind, you are going to be sent back to the fountain.

As long as players get better and dont make mistakes, Quinn will have a harder time to find her spot (and to be under the nerf radar aswell )

Eyrgos

05-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flux Aureo View Post
You "lose" the Harrier passive. I mean, I like hitting the bullseye, get more damage and have a MS and AS increase. In Valor form, which is logical, Valor doesnt mark enemies. I know, you move faster and you hit faster always, still... I dont find it "cohesive".
Oh I understand now. Yeah, I don't find it cohesive either... kind of odd to lose the passive in general. I mean, I get that Valor isn't around to mark targets for you any longer but still... this' sort of why I'm for giving Valor Form either Tenacity or Reduced Slowing Effects.

One hard or soft CC and your ultimate's purpose in chasing down & finishing can go completely down the drain... at least with Tenacity, you may have just enough duration left afterward to redeem it.

Flux Aureo

05-20-2013

Edited my previous post.

Eyrgos

05-20-2013

OP Updated.