Enforcing the Code

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xnxbot

11-16-2010

Amen, Riot will go far as a company if initiatives like these are transparent and show results.

Dialupman

11-16-2010

I glad that Riot is doing something about players who intentionally ruin the match for fun.

A recent Example, I was playing with two friends and two random people. Those two people decided to rush mid tower, but ignore the champion, and died to mid player 3 times each within the first 5 minutes (The had revive). Afterward, they blamed their deaths on lag and left the game, leaving me and my two friends fighting 3v5 against a 6 kill streak Cho, who bought a GA with his profits. The game ended before the surrender time.

Needless to say, I reported both players. Again, I am very glad Riot actually reads these things.

LtFeonir

11-16-2010

Let me start this by saying I love LoL, the community, even with griefers, with as much of my "gaming heart" as I can spare. This game is incredible, and some things here have never been done in a gaming genre like this, it's basically revolutionary, the RTS PvP word will never be the same. However, I have some things I'd like to discuss about this new notion:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByronicHero View Post
Summoners!

We know that, inevitably, in any competitive environment, emotions tend to run high. Even when you're at your wit's end, however, it's always important to remember that there are as many as nine other players in the game. Each time you join a game of League of Legends, you make a choice between contributing to a fun experience, and ruining the game for everyone. We hope that you will continue to choose to abide by the Summoner's Code, and contribute positively over the course of your stay here in Runeterra. !
Sounds like an interpretation/judgement call; who will be judging our play? just curious.
However, the concept is good, although perhaps a tad totalitarian.

Quote:
That being said, even if you have the patience of a saint, you're eventually going to run into a player who's extremely determined to be rude. If you've tried being patient and polite with a problematic individual, and they've just plain hit your last nerve, please help us enforce the code by taking a moment to send us a player report at the end of your game by right clicking the summoners name, and selecting the Report option. We read your reports, and make a diligent effort to suspend those persons who are potentially ruining games for others. !
Also seems like if someone's feelings were hurt, and they were dealing with their own personal lament prior to a game, then it could corrupt this system, with undue bans, etc.

Quote:
Additionally, we're exploring new ways in which we can enforce the code by improving our response time to your reports. In addition to our in game reporting system, we here at Riot games are currently laying the groundwork for some new innovations to our LeaverBuster technology. This will begin with tools that will automatically identify leavers and drop the ban hammer on those who habitually spoil games. From there, we have many other ideas to systematically identify summoners that have a negative impact on your gaming experience. !
So what, now we have to go out of our way to make sure someone's feelings aren't hurt? Often times it is the whiners who bother game play most, doesn't it then stand plausible that they might simply increase server load with more messages and unprocessed data stored? A lot of the things discussed here are very subjective, I think you're going to have more trouble than you think trying to make them empirical enough to implement "systematically."

Quote:
Anybody who has ever played a game with a leaver, flamer, griefer, AFKer, or person who generally just needs to mind their manners can tell you that they've spent at least one night lying awake wondering when these uncouth ruffians will receive their comeuppance. Help us keep this community great by reporting abusive players, and abiding by the Code!
Overall I have confidence in your system, but I would advise a broad(er) consideration for reports; this kind of implement could ruin an upstanding LoL user's ELO just as easily as a griefer might "toss wrenches at truth." I understand it would be easy to dismiss this comment with all of the others, but please level with me when I say I've been here for almost a year now, maybe more, and have thought this matter out as deeply as I will be able, allowed with only public information. It's also safe to say that this opinion is coming purely from the community, with a well worded example prior to the "new developments" stated above. for when they are implemented, and large portions of the HR team is devoted to making judgement calls out of context, with an unforgiving result, after which their community begins to depreciate, I will have provided the aid with which to remedy the situation.

Kinroko

11-16-2010

How exactly does that make any sense DialUpMan? They left because they sucked, and in doing so did you a favor by not feeding the enemy any more. Would you have wanted them to stay, and trash talk you all game and complain about lag, all the while making the enemies 10X stronger?

Ryuzakku

11-16-2010

I play with at least 2-3 leavers a day, and trust me it's tiresome to always lose due to someone afking ragequitting or not having the hour to commit to playing this game in it's entirety.

Herak

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2010

play a few solo q games under 1500 elo and youll find yourself turning to a tibetan monk.

make KA : D ratio count in mm already

Seen It All

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Recruiter

11-16-2010

reporting dosen't help , people report for anything even players that are mean report others for no reason or just for loosing

FireFlinger

11-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Istanur View Post
Just make sure you take your time to make accurate bans. The majority of reports are not filed correctly and I feel that those that do file reports out of pure dislike for another player deserve to be banned instead for flooding the system.

Ex. Player 1 'feeds' the bottom lane and becomes the scapegoat of the entire team. His playing experience is awful because now all his team does is spend the next half hour flaming him. Afterwards he is reported by all four members of his team for 'Intentional Disruption of Gameplay'.

or

Ex. Player 2 reports Player 1 for stealing wraith experience at the start of the match on accident. Or, 'killstealing' him etc. etc. Or maybe another player critiques your build and you flip out on him igniting a fight only to report that person for verbal harassment

Most reports are trash although most verbal harassment reports probably do have more merit. With verbal harassment reports you can at least check the logs to see what went down, you can't check replays to see if one was 'intentionally disrupting gameplay' unless the player is trolling in chat. The amount of harassment in this game is more than in any other game i've played. it is no wonder there are so many leavers; who would want to stay only be flamed the entire time? You can /ignore your entire team but then, your not abiding by the summoner code by being a part of your team through 'better or worse'. Or you can stay and just jungle the entire game which is what I do at times if my team hates me. I am by no means a bad player but if my team wants to harass me, call me bad or whatever then I'll just stay out of their way and let them 4v5, least I won't be feeding, better than leaving. Guess their out of my league? =/

So basically I think verbal harasment reports need to be made a priority. I've played several online games so I am pretty much immune to this kind of harassment but I also don't feel like being a part of the team if I am to be blamed for everything that goes wrong even if I am the only one with kills. I have also been on a team where a member was harassed off the game and we then proceeded to lose because my teammates were getting too much enjoyment out of tormenting our Ashe for missing her arrows across the map. Which is mostly luck, not skill.
This ^.^ (Maybe they should ban the person who downvoted everyone who posted

JK)

twixte1

11-16-2010

So, the Summoners Code is now mandatory? Then why can I choose to abide by it? Would love an update TOU if this is the case.

Goriom

11-16-2010

As we already know, E-celebs like HSGG are immune to the summoners code.

Shove it.