Enforcing the Code

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

zorthog

11-16-2010

Good to see you cracking down on game-ruiners

BerserkInferno

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2010

"As you wish"
- Kassadin

Ryuuchi

11-16-2010

There's always /ignore, summoners.

Riot, I feel like when I report someone, I'm not doing much and your not doing much of your job to look into it. However, I'll keep to the code to the best of my abilities and keep reporting the right bad folks in the game.

Anywho, thanks for another reminder about the Summoner's code.

Shalhavet

11-16-2010

I can foresee this potentially becoming an issue for players like myself whose time is not their own.

I can't always finish a game, though I would like to, because I have demands on my time that can come at any point.

These people I speak of serve in the armed forces of their respective countries, and are on-call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Kastur

11-16-2010

I'm glad to see Riot is taking steps to help weed out unsavory players. I must admit I've had my moments where I've lost my cool or probably been 'that guy' on my team due to my perception of either my team's failure or trolls on the other team. But seeing steps made to stop the problem in the first place makes me glad I try to take a deep breath and hold onto my patience.

BigPapaFetus

11-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking Socks View Post
I'm sure the unbanning of HotshotGG was evidence that you really care about the code and are enforcing it.
The guy does wonders for the community. Squealing at everyone like an infant is top notch stuff.

Colbanis

11-16-2010

About time, Let's keep it clean people. And good game btw.

Helon

11-16-2010

I'm acutally worried about enforcing the Code. Don't misjudge me, Riot is doing a good job by tracking all those trash-talker, feeder on purpose, leaver and such, but this autoban thing when you leave could have devastating aftereffects in not well programmed,especially with PVP.net crashing all the time when I enter a game (no loading, and I have to restart LoL and reconnect to the game to actually get into it)

KingStork

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2010

I've ended up leaving a lot of games, but never in any way that I see as "ruining" a game. I've left in games where my teammates leave, where we are losing by a significant amount but they won't surrender 30-40 minutes into the game (situation where it's impossible to win), or when the game crashes/lags significantly.

Most of me leaves are in games where 2 other teammates leave and I don't feel like wasting my time playing a 25 minute 3v5.

It's pretty absurd to have to wait 25 minutes in a 3v5 situation. Perhaps surrender time could be reduced by 10 minutes for every leaver? Or something like that?

Vystic

11-16-2010

I'll follow you to the ends of the earth Riot. For you see, while other companies pretend to care about their communities...you actually do. I look forward to this improvement and hope it is implemented correctly aka - not overreacting against people who sometimes lose connections randomly or have something more important come up randomly and need to d/c.