Enforcing the Code

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheImmortalVirus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-16-2010

Ban people for being bad

othic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2010

Define griefing as I play "off" builds that work and I've been called a troll sometimes even if we're winning :/

ChaosZeroX

11-16-2010

It would be nice to know if players we report get banned. I don't care how long for as long as I can know you guys are doing something about it.

Atari

11-16-2010

There should be auto ban rules.. such as people laughing and stating "Riot won't do **** about me." Or "Report me you stupid ^%$# dumb &*^% and I'll laugh at you when I see you again!" Or my favorite.. "I buy skins so they won't ban me!"

ANDRETHEGOD

11-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lortiert View Post
Let the ban hammer come down on these fools.
STOP! Hammer time!

--

I'm sooo sorry : (

GigaPro

11-16-2010

Ban hammer ready!

Alpengeist

11-16-2010

Affirmative

XJ9

Recruiter

11-16-2010

Thanks riot! Nice to know you care about the community!

Istanur

11-16-2010

Just make sure you take your time to make accurate bans. The majority of reports are not filed correctly and I feel that those that do file reports out of pure dislike for another player deserve to be banned instead for flooding the system.

Ex. Player 1 'feeds' the bottom lane and becomes the scapegoat of the entire team. His playing experience is awful because now all his team does is spend the next half hour flaming him. Afterwards he is reported by all four members of his team for 'Intentional Disruption of Gameplay'.

or

Ex. Player 2 reports Player 1 for stealing wraith experience at the start of the match on accident. Or, 'killstealing' him etc. etc. Or maybe another player critiques your build and you flip out on him igniting a fight only to report that person for verbal harassment

Most reports are trash although most verbal harassment reports probably do have more merit. With verbal harassment reports you can at least check the logs to see what went down, you can't check replays to see if one was 'intentionally disrupting gameplay' unless the player is trolling in chat. The amount of harassment in this game is more than in any other game i've played. it is no wonder there are so many leavers; who would want to stay only be flamed the entire time? You can /ignore your entire team but then, your not abiding by the summoner code by being a part of your team through 'better or worse'. Or you can stay and just jungle the entire game which is what I do at times if my team hates me. I am by no means a bad player but if my team wants to harass me, call me bad or whatever then I'll just stay out of their way and let them 4v5, least I won't be feeding, better than leaving. Guess their out of my league? =/

So basically I think verbal harasment reports need to be made a priority. I've played several online games so I am pretty much immune to this kind of harassment but I also don't feel like being a part of the team if I am to be blamed for everything that goes wrong even if I am the only one with kills. I have also been on a team where a member was harassed off the game and we then proceeded to lose because my teammates were getting too much enjoyment out of tormenting our Ashe for missing her arrows across the map. Which is mostly luck, not skill.

T3kn0man

11-16-2010

Keep up the great work Riot!