How do you guys feel about the Rune Combiner?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jixson

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damiya View Post
I put all our hopes and dreams into the Rune Combiner and hit combine and all I got back was a Time Spent While Dead seal and a Quintessence of IRL Despair.

Sorry dudes

I miss getting random dodge runes from it even after they were removed from the game.

Otherwise it is old Eve tier.

FA Aokiji

05-19-2013

Quote:
Edit: that said, please continue sharing! I always enjoy the opportunity to better understand the player base
Please remove it [s]with your RoboSupercomputer skills[/s] ms. Damiya!

Zalenoth

05-19-2013

should at least give the thing different rune emblems/pictures. dunno. it is useless... Turn it into an ip sink.

Your Shadow

05-19-2013

It's a waste because you can't choose want kind of rune you want to get out of it.

who am i again

05-19-2013

Quote:
I put all our hopes and dreams into the Rune Combiner and hit combine and all I got back was a Time Spent While Dead seal
Inb4 suicide karthus

Misheeal

05-19-2013

Quote:
I was recently poking around the client and I noticed a little recycle button in the lower right part of my runebook.

After getting over the traumatic memories that the icon dredged up, I figured I'd wander over and see what y'all thought of it. This is an entirely unofficial inquiry...

Are any of you old enough that you remember it being The Way to get better runes?
I found it rather worthless. It should at least give you runes of the same type as you put in, so, for instance, you can convert those lower level AD runes into higher level. I get that you need to put in more than you get out, but the randomness stinks.

Dhapli

05-19-2013

I remember that fondly. Everyone says that it is a noob trap along with tier 1 and tier 2 runes. However, what i did was buy tier 1 runes till i was lvl 9, tier 2 till i was lvl 19. When I hit lvl 20, I combined 5 of lower to get upper tier runes. I even bought a couple of cheapest ones to complete 5 runes to combine. Lastly I was left with 1 or 2 bad tier 3 runes (after upgrading all tier 1 and tier 2 runes). I just bought 1 or 2 cheapest tier 3 runes and recycled. And viola.

Do not remove that. Some ppl just don't know how to use it.

GoldfishBowl

05-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhapli View Post
I remember that fondly. Everyone says that it is a noob trap along with tier 1 and tier 2 runes. However, what i did was buy tier 1 runes till i was lvl 9, tier 2 till i was lvl 19. When I hit lvl 20, I combined 5 of lower to get upper tier runes. I even bought a couple of cheapest ones to complete 5 runes to combine. Lastly I was left with 1 or 2 bad tier 3 runes (after upgrading all tier 1 and tier 2 runes). I just bought 1 or 2 cheapest tier 3 runes and recycled. And viola.

Do not remove that. Some ppl just don't know how to use it.
And if you had just saved the IP you could have bought exactly what you wanted instead of rolling dice.

Starving Wolf

05-19-2013

I used that thing to get rid of lower level runes (when you combine 5 instead of 2, they upgrade a tier). Now I have a few runes I don't, can't, nor never will use. The rune combiner is worthless. I'd rather have a rune trashcan.

Tails66

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-19-2013

It sucks