Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How do you guys feel about the Rune Combiner?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Brightinly

05-18-2013

I only use/d it to get rid of old runes I made the mistake to buy when I was below level 20.

Please, fix the runes below level 20 or give an option to upgrade them instead of keeping the combiner.

Desmond Law

05-18-2013

I hated it

Hell Above

05-18-2013

Quote:
Damiya:
I was recently poking around the client and I noticed a little recycle button in the lower right part of my runebook.

After getting over the traumatic memories that the icon dredged up, I figured I'd wander over and see what y'all thought of it. This is an entirely unofficial inquiry...

Are any of you old enough that you remember it being The Way to get better runes?

More like the faster way of getting rid of stupid tier 1-2 runes by trashing them in the recycler...

Hi Im Tyler

05-18-2013

Useless.

"ONE RUNE FOR THE PRICE OF FIVE, AWESOME"

Zhugan

05-18-2013

As someone who used it, just to try it (terrible waste of ip, super regret that decision) it is awful. There is no method to the madness. Combine five armor pen runes? Makes a mana regen rune. Inefficient in literally every way.

Anymeese

05-18-2013

I've been playing for a year and can honestly say I've never used it, felt any need to use it, or even been curious about it.

Cow Moolester

05-18-2013

would be better if you could CHOOSE the next tier rune instead of it being random. I mean, I used it like once and then I realized that I was getting these random runes that I had no use for, so I stopped.

SublimeSmoke

05-18-2013

the only way i can see it being a viable choice is instead of recycling into more runes, let it recycle back to ip (obviously not 100% value but somewhere from the 30-60% range)

then i can choose the runes i want and/or maybe get a champ i wanted

Cpt Mookie

05-18-2013

I used it because I once thought it was a good idea to buy a runes before I was level 20. Realizing my mistake I recycled them and got some useful tier 3 runes. The only sad thing is that you have to recycle same tier runes. I had to buy two extra tier 2 runes just to recycle them into tier 3 runes.

BrickWolf

Recruiter

05-18-2013

I didn't even bother to buy runes until I hit level 20. Why waste the IP?