Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How do you guys feel about the Rune Combiner?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KnightxSScarlett

05-18-2013

It's not terribly useful. I used it to burn my old tier 1 runes but that's it.

Leo the yordle

05-18-2013

It's useless. You're essentially at a very high risk of having thrown money away, since you may wind up with runes that serve very little purpose in the grand scheme of things.

M0MENTUM

05-18-2013

Used it once or twice but its always disappointing.

Borigrad

05-18-2013

It's still in the game?

SmokingPuffin

05-18-2013

I'd really like the rune combiner to spit out a rune of the same color as the runes you put in it, if you put in all runes of one color.

PervertedPenguin

Recruiter

05-18-2013

To be honest, I do not recall ever using it. I have looked at it a couple times and clicked it to see what it does, but I wanted to grind IP for the runes I wanted. I thought I would be able to get runes unavailable in the store through it, but after reading through the wikia and other threads, it would never happen.

A question does come to mind though: Does Riot sill plan to keep it? Or are there any future plans for it?

Comedian

Recruiter

05-18-2013

Just a noob trap, buff it or remove it

SilentSounds

05-18-2013

You can actually turn a "profit" off of the rune combiner. I don't use it however.
Oh and t1 and t2 runes should be removed asap... making the combiner useless...

The 4saken

05-18-2013

Turn it into the "Rune Refund Machine". Even a small amount of IP back would be better

Imoa

05-18-2013

It needs an update pretty badly :/
Most people dont buy runes until at least level 10, if not 20 (unlocking T3 runes), so nobody gets a real chance to use it. A nice QoL change would simply be to allow it to do T3 I think