How do you guys feel about the Rune Combiner?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Reynmaker

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-18-2013

Used it once, got useless runes. It is a poorly implemented idea. Better to just allow players to sell back runes at diminished prices, or at least pick what they are converting to.

Zuphlas

05-18-2013

I think it is and always will be worthless until we have more control over the runes created with it. If you guys refuse to give us more control (notice I said more, not necessarily full) then you may as well remove it and just give us a way to dumpster runes for reduced returns on our IP.

Awexlash

05-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roneld3444 View Post
How would Riot make money? Runes can't be bought with IP.
*RP
and oops, my bad.
I could say that they could spend money to buy IP boosts, or could implement some kind of RP cost to combine Tier 3 runes, but that would just be me retconning, and they would never implement the RP cost anyway.

Bus Driver

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-18-2013

Its awful

Naziru

05-18-2013

Great concept, and I do in fact remember recycling both my T1 and T2 sets through it at one point, but I haven't touched it since. In my opinion the only way for it to remain useful post 30 would be to either make it more predictable based on what you put in(perhaps showing a percentage of the most likely 2 or 3 based on what your putting in, 3 T2 crits make a 60% chance of getting a T3 crit or some such thing) or to make it produce runes that you can't get in the store(which opens up other potential problems with them being considered op by those who don't have the ip to gamble for them). Although in all fairness I have never seen runes themselves to be all that vital and I only really do rune updates once in a blue moon or if they rebalance ones I was using. Most of my rune experimentation happens on beta realm tbh, where I don't risk throwing away the equivalent of a new champ just to see if something strange is viable or not.

TLDR: Best solutions would be to give it new unbuyable runes with a low drop rate or to make the results more predictable, or hell why not both lol.

Meleoffs

05-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damiya View Post
I was recently poking around the client and I noticed a little recycle button in the lower right part of my runebook.

After getting over the traumatic memories that the icon dredged up, I figured I'd wander over and see what y'all thought of it. This is an entirely unofficial inquiry...

Are any of you old enough that you remember it being The Way to get better runes?

I used it once and got a really bad rune... never used it again.

ImpulsiveInsight

05-18-2013

Just do away with it. In fact, I forgot it in even existed until reading the thread title.

Metta

05-18-2013

Make it so it's possible to obtain runes that aren't unobtainable otherwise, and there will finally be an incentive to use it. (It would be fun too)

Obviously nothing overpowered but for example chance of getting +1 AD marks (regular: 0.95).

Would be fun.

KnivingDude

05-18-2013

Why not make it so the champs you play calculate into what rune you get?

Shiister

05-18-2013

I used it before. Gave me junk runes, you should remove it and give us back a function which allows us to trade runes back in for 1/2 of their value