Need help playing with unlocked camera

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

martini0072

05-18-2013

Im a silver 1 support main and i play exclusively in camera-lock mode. im at a point where i notice that its significantly hurting my performance on the purple team and i need some help to learn how to not be in camera lock

KegBert49

05-18-2013

I have the same problem. I do fine blue side because i can play w/ screen lock but if Im purple, especially as ADC, im screwed.

I have tried to play unlocked but when i move my screen with my mouse it moves so drastically that it's even more detrimental than the decreased vision of a locked screen. Is there any way to adjust how far the screen moves?

martini0072

05-18-2013

bump

Technician Tim

05-18-2013

YES, SO MUCH OF THIS, i have that issue really bad, im a fantastic adc, on blue side, on purple side its like a monkey is slapping my pc while im afk, i have to keep screen locked, it feels better that way to me, and i just try to avoid adc'ing purple side, but thats a serious miss-allocation of resources for any team im on

dirtikiti

05-19-2013

If you're not comfortable playing unlocked, don't. The majority of the time you center it on your champ naturally, and when you need to move it, you can press "y" to unlock it. Middle mouse button drags it, and you can always left click and drag in your mini map (in locked too. releasing left mouse button snaps it back).

You're honestly not giving up that much... half a screen? But you're giving yourself constant better field of vision all around you, and you're actually saving yourself time by keeping it locked on you and only moving it when necessary.

If you're playing purple, decrease your HUD size.

doomed2death

05-19-2013

First off, practice makes perfect; just a little time playing will help you master it. I'm trying to get used to smart casting right now; there are no tips-just practice.

For an unlocked camera though, remember than pressing F1 will automatically focus to your champion which is useful to refocus in hectic situations.

Ezreal Mechanics

05-19-2013

A suggestion I have is to bind the 'focus to your champion key' to the space bar, since your thumb naturally rests on it and just to practice using that. It's much easier then using the mouse to move the screen all the time, especially when you're trying to cs.

C172R

05-20-2013

Spacebar also focuses your champion. and its right there so you can hold it and still reach your atacks

TMIT

05-20-2013

Adjust your sensitivity if it's hard, and otherwise use the edge of the screen. There aren't any super-easy shortcuts here; you just have to practive keeping it unlocked.

I'm probably not the best for advice though since I've never used locked.

VenPolypheme

05-20-2013

Play a few bot games with the camera unlocked. it'll get you used to toggling Y easier.