Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Dear IronStylus, give us more Leona skins already...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CaptainMÃ¥rvelous

05-18-2013

You lied to me Stylus.

You said Sunbathing Leona would be real.

You broke my heart Styloos

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

05-18-2013

Quote:
WhamBamBoozler:
Well it makes me happy to know you guys are putting a lot of thought and effort into your content(especially leona content!)
Parrot for President!

We do honestly.

Here, this is something I think I can talk about since I feel the dust has settled around it a little.

One of the cancelled Leona skins was Leona in the ancient armor of the Solar seen in the Diana teaser. We thought of an angle that was Leona discovering the relic armor which was akin to Diana's relic armor. We found an interesting lore loophole that allowed for this because its said in her bio that only the sword and shield were passed down generationally from one avatar to another. It was an interesting way to further the story, and I've very much wanted to explore the idea of canon lore skins. Traditionally they haven't been popular but I thought there was an opportunity there.

Unfortunately, we got it in game and it very much looked like a cross between her base and the Iron Solari skin. We decided that wasn't enough of a strong theme to warrant a skin. It just wasn't really special enough.

It was discussed that maybe a way to accomplish this same idea was to eventually develop Legendary skin that felt very substantial. Leona x10 in a way. We could then anchor it to her story but still make it amazing just on the surface if a player didn't care about the story context. So, that's what we opted to do. Currently there's no skin in development for that, but its something I want to explore later as a way to help continue the story.

IS1beb7dd44e7faee00386e

05-18-2013

Quote:
Rabbitsuit:
I've haven't see that. Could I get a link, please?

Sure!
http://diana.league-art.com

Ridiculed

05-18-2013

soon

Quote:
IronStylus:
[...] Yes, Sunbathing/beach bash Leona will [...] be a reality [...]

I'm gonna hold you too your promise taken completely out of context.

sunbathing_leona_by_dalehan.jpg

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

05-18-2013

Quote:
Spitsonpuppies:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't Hippalus been stating the value of a skin is based off the production cost, and not what we actually see on the customer's end? So you're going to charge the same thing regardless of the actual quality that we see...like with Special Weapon Zac. Don't worry guys, I know you don't see much more than a pallette swap, but we spent a LOT of time and resources on it so you need to spend 975. Know what I mean?

I'm in no way qualified to answer pricing questions. I cannot speak to value from a conceptual, theme and art side of things.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

05-18-2013

Quote:
CaptainMårvelous:
You lied to me Stylus.

You said Sunbathing Leona would be real.

You broke my heart Styloos

What are you talking about? I'm telling you that barring some major issue Sunbathing Leona will be released. But again, there might be some unforeseen big issue so I can't just make a blanket statement of assurance.

KillaBrownie

05-18-2013

Couple quick ideas that came to mind, I'm new to the threads so sorry if ppl have mentioned these before. I really like Leona so i figured what the heck.
1. Sun Goddess Leona - If you look up sun deities from different cultures for example Chinese, Hinduism or Egyptian, you can see a few cool pictures of the helms they wore or their attire.

2. A Phoenix skin? Probably been mentioned though..

3. A Dynasty warriors kinda of skin maybe? Or a gladiator since she already looks like one(though since to me she can pass for one..then maybe this isn't that good of an idea =D)

4. Solar Eclipse Leona..too bad I'm not a good artist but I have an idea of how I would like for her to look =[

Ridiculed

05-18-2013

Serious question Mr. Iron Stylus:
Why don't you stream anymore?
I really enjoyed it~

IS1beb7dd44e7faee00386e

05-18-2013

Stylus, what are your thoughts about a Diana skin in which she's still a solari and her particles are golden like Leona's? Maybe something similar to her wearing the Iron Solari armor seen in the Diana fancomic?

Rabbitsuit

05-18-2013

Quote:
Ask Ahri:
Sure!
http://diana.league-art.com

This is pretty cute, thanks.