Skin Prices

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yamir

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-10-2009

I was just curious as to why skin prices are different. It makes sense to me that champion prices would be scaled based on difficulty/rape factor, but skin prices?

I'm sitting with 550 riot points left after buying the champion bundle and a skin for Nunu and Eve, only to realize that for some reason the Twitch skin costs 425rp more than the previous skins do.

Is it really necessary to make heroes like Twitch have such high rp cost for the skin considering he cost 6300 ip?

ZGBudai

12-10-2009

It took 5 minutes to make one and 6 minutes to make another.

Yamir

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-10-2009

Doesn't that seem silly though? Simple color alterations can vary from 520-975? That's a difference between $4 and $7 if you're going by the worth of riot points in the $5 for 650rp bundle.

A three dollar difference for a color swap is kinda ridiculous. I would understand if the you were paying for a completely altered model, say like if you removed Kayle's helmet, or removed Ti's goggles.

ZGBudai

12-10-2009

That's what I said.

Anyways it's already been stated that they LOOK less impressing then they actually are to make. The whole quality thing.

Just hope they make more quality skins in the future.

Yamir

12-10-2009

Yeah, especially Taric/Nunu/Twitch. Which is basically Let's turn them greeeeeen!

Or, hey this yeti...lets make him bigfoot! PROMOTION!

Smolder

12-10-2009

The skins that cost more take more skill to play.

treehugger

12-10-2009

Brown skins make the Yeti look more intimidating than white which psychologically weakens your enemies. The more powerful a skin is, the more it costs.

Skins are just another way for Riot to sell powers.

ZGBudai

12-10-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by treehugger View Post
Brown skins make the Yeti look more intimidating than white which psychologically weakens your enemies. The more powerful a skin is, the more it costs.

Skins are just another way for Riot to sell powers.
Making Taric green is just one of the many ways to make him seem more like a her.

treehugger

12-10-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGBudai View Post
Making Taric green is just one of the many ways to make him seem more like a her.
Players might mistaken green Taric for a pretty good looking chick and get distracted.

Powering Selling.