Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[3.8] Improvements to the PVP.net experience on smaller resolutions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Damiya

Technical Analyst

05-17-2013

Summoners,
As part of the 3.8 patch, we've introduced some code in PVP.net that will automatically scale itself down to 1150x720 or 1024x640, whichever is most appropriate. The most common desktop resolutions that will see their experience impacted are:

• 1366x768
  • 1280x768
  • 1280x700
  • 1182x864

Prior to 3.8, the client defaulted to a specific, unchanging window size; for those of you with widescreen laptops running 1366x768 or smaller footprint monitors like 1280x720, this has meant having key functionality hidden behind the Windows task bar. No more!

This change represents a shift in the player experience and we felt it was important to reach out to those of you affected to see how you feel about it, and better understand what else we can do to improve the PVP.net experience on the above-named resolutions. Please spend some time poking around on PBE once 3.8 has arrived and feel free to share your thoughts on other ways we can improve the smaller-resolution League experience.

Update: In order to avoid causing problems with 3.8 and to make sure we can fully resolve any issues around the resolution resizer, I've removed the code from the patch.

It should return in 3.9 with a fixed Store scrollbar, automatic centering (just like other resolutions) and so on.

I Called Support

05-17-2013

this is great news

sornvru

Recruiter

05-17-2013

Very nice update

plasmatorture

Recruiter

05-17-2013

Finally! Only took like 4 years

blah12321blah

05-17-2013

Thank You!

Codykinz

Recruiter

05-17-2013

YES.
THANK YOU.
I have been telling RiotShiminerisa for weeks to do this!

VNSandvich

05-17-2013

I'm going to think my old laptop is going to be benefited since it was quite small, not sure how small but small enough that I can't play without disabling taskbar.
SO THX Damiya!

SouICry

05-17-2013

I don't seem to find any difference at all actually related to the hiding keys behind taskbar.

Recently(I believe after s3 patch) the window could be resized by dragging the edge of the client, although this would reset every time the client was rebooted(post game and restart whole game). Before this, I would have to set the taskbar to autohide;

The client still launches into a size that hides the chat buttons behind the taskbar though, both 3.8 pbe and 3.7 live, as attached(for pbe).

Damiya

Technical Analyst

05-17-2013

Due to some last minute issues, PBE is still on 3.7. Jumped the gun on this post!

Noble1213

05-18-2013

omg, THANK YOU!