Bronze 1 - Only +5 to +9 for win and -8 to -13 lose

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iiLLNesS

05-17-2013

Bronze 1 - Only +5 to +9 for win and -8 to -13 for a lose?

Am I missing something? Both my wins brought me to +13 points, then 1 lose put me back at zero...

How are you supposed to rank up if 33% of games have a DC or AFK on my team?
If not one of those I have feeder/feeders in another lane...

What is going on Riot? What are you thinking here?

Klearr

05-17-2013

5 Hours Ago
I see that a lot of people complain how the league system is cheating them or gaining them too little Lp and losing a lot. I'm going to use this thread to explain it. So LP gains are based on your MMR or your elo.
Silver is 1150-1499, Gold is 1500-1849, Platinum is 1850-2199, Diamond is 2200+. This means that the divisions split these rating. Since there is usually 350 point intervals and 5 divisions, there is 70 Elo per division. I.e. 1500-1569 is Gold V, 1570-1639 is Gold IV, 1640-1709 is gold III, 1710-1779 is gold II, and 1780-1849 is Gold I. Lets call this League Elo.
Your Elo can and probably is different than your League Elo. You may ask, Why is this? Why cant Riot do anything right?
Reasons your Leauge elo is lower than your actual elo.

For example, say you are in Gold 2 and you have 98 points, then win a game to qualify for your promotion series to gold 1. Technically your actual elo is already in gold 1, but you are not in gold 1 yet. You still have to win best 2 out of 3, so after the series you are at least 2 wins into gold 1, though you have 0 LP. How does riot try to fix this? Your next wins may be big LP gains 27 points. Your next loss after that may be small losses 13 points. This will eventually bring your league elo close to your actual elo. Say you win 2, lose 2, you would still gain 28 LP, though you wouldnt gain any real elo.

Reasons your league elo is higher than your actual elo.
Say you are in Silver 5, then you lost a bunch of games bringing your actual elo below silver. But in the league system, you cannot drop below silver 5. So your league elo is 1150, but your actual elo may be 1100. This means you will have big losses of 20 points and small gains of 10 points. This explains why you can lose more points than you gain, because your actual elo is lower than your league elo. If you won 2 games, and lost 2, you would lose 20 Lp, while losing no elo.

Reasons that your elo gains are small in Division 1 (CLAMPING).
Since riot wanted to rid LOL of ladder anxiety, they made it impossible to drop tiers. This means you have to prove that you deserve to be in that tier, which means they have to take into account lucky streaks. We don't want a bronze player to be named a silver player if they only play one game over 1150, then never go over 1150 again due to lucky win streaks. How do we make sure this doesn't happen? We make the elo requirement for tier promotions series to take place at a higher elo, lets say 1250 for sake of argument. This makes LP gains have to compensate for 1000 elo over 100LP instead of 50 elo over 100LP. This makes the gains smaller, but it also makes the losses smaller. If there is a difference between your loss sizes and win sizes, see the previous reasons. You may say this is F***ing B****hit. Don't worry it all works out. After you get into the next tier, your gains will be very, very big and your losses small, since your Actual Elo will be higher than your League elo. So, it will all balance out in division V and division IV. You will notice that you are playing with Silver IV players while doing your Bronze I promotion series.

I hope this explains a lot. If you have any questions, just post below.

iiLLNesS

05-17-2013

Its stupid in my opinion...

My last 6 ranked games; (Granted I just got Bronze I recently so Im at 0 points prior to these games)

Gangplank 8-4-20 Win Solo +5LP
Gangplank 8-3-18 Win Solo +7LP
Gangplank 17-3-17 Win Solo +7LP
Alistar 0-3-17 Win Duo +6LP
Alistar 2-4-25 Win Duo +6LP
Tryndamere 5-0-1 Win Solo +5LP

How does one person play 6 ranked games in a row and have a 6 game winning streak while ending it with 36LP? Im scared to death to lose a ranked game now cause its gonna take me 2-3 games just to make up for it...

Klearr

05-17-2013

I explained it. it's called clamping. It happens in Bronze I, Silver I, Gold I, Platinum I, Diamond 1. You wont lose LP more than you gain per game, unless your MMR is less than the equivalent of Bronze I with 36 LP. Once you reach silver V, you will reach massive gains. I just got to silver 5, I won 3 games in a row (+27, +27, +35), lost 3 in a row (-13, -13, -13), and won another (+26). So, i won 4 games and loss 3, but i gained 70 LP. it will all balance out.

iiLLNesS

05-17-2013

Well as everyone knows its pretty much impossible to win every ranked game they play. 6 game winning steak is amazing in ranked imo. The whole concept is stupid, I feel as if I need to win 40-50 more games to move up to silver. I dont know if it happens often in silver or higher but in bronze there is almost certain to have a few afkers or rage quitters in 1/4 games you play. I guess this turned into a rant. Just baffled at how badly I wreck my competion when I play what I want. But when my team makes me do other stuff they fail and Im unable to carry them..

Transmundane

05-17-2013

You're either getting low LP because you're close to promotion, or the system don't think you deserve to move on. I was getting 25+ LP a win, and about 14-16 negative per loss. I went from bronze one, back to bronze two, and two promotion series before getting out. Someone else explained it really good. I'm not sure how I improved my MMR so much than before, but I was getting gamed with only silver players, and quite a few gold players along the way.

I was getting roughly the same for a win/loss previously and got discouraged. So I made a smurf and played them to level 25 learning 2-3 champs solid in each lane. Then I switched back to my one lvl30 and did normals for ~2 weeks to get used to playing against all 30s. After that I went ranked and went from bronze 2-1 in one day.

If it's frusturating and you feel you won't get nowhere do normals and focus on improving. Check streams of a few regulars who actually explain why they do some things and pick up on it. Map awareness, key ward locations etc. Know when to get your team to split push, when to farm etc.

Bronze 1 win, +32 LP
http://vvcap.net/db/XeJVAjWkHQi21BHjBiaz.htp

Bronze 1 win, +28 LP
http://vvcap.net/db/wXooeKyPWQCk4EYBTZO9.htp

Promotion out of bronze
http://vvcap.net/db/6PK0P9crmCxZqwlvcGGw.htp

HyakuRyuu

05-18-2013

I think this is really unffair... I'm in bronze I, today I played almost all day long I easily win more than 10 games and in all I recieved 6-8 Lp per game i went to 96 LP play a last match hoping that if we win I would qualify for series, but unfourtunally we lost and I for my surprise, I lost 20 Lp so i'm at 76 right now... that's so frustating cause now I need to win 4 more games to get to 96 LP again and if I lose one of them i will be at 50 or 60 Lp... I win most of my games but if I lost one cause i'm not that good a support I lost about 3-4 hrs of my life... this LP system sucks!!!