Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

what percentage of games can i carry

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

gameiseasy

05-17-2013

I'm currently duo q'ing with a friend, im mid hes adc, and since hes 1 division below me i usually get first pick and thus get mid while he usually gets adc

regardless of us duo quing or not when i go mid i almost always destroy my lane with around 7 cs per min for 25mins. I roam, take towers and global objectives. in teamfights if i play ahri (my main) im generally able to 1shot the most fed apc or adc or at the very least put out massive damage being the most in the game and if im a dif mid like xerath or ryze the constant damage is again targeted at the best target available without risking death. im usually also the last to die in a teamfight so my damage is constant the entire time tho at times if i see a chance to REALLY do damage ill suicide myself for a real fast gib on an adc and apc being again, the most fed on the map. i ALWAYS ALWAYS have both sides of mid warded be it jungle or river because ive learned that not only can it alert the "bad players" to the incoming gank but i can go WITH that jungle or mid and surprise counter the gank and usually end up on top

my win ratio over 60 games mid on various mids is something like 52 percent but my K/D ratios are 10-5 on all of them and my avg cs per game is 250-300 (i usually fall off late) regardless of my 'weak' cs im usually the highest cs by a large margin and no matter how great a play i make in a teamfight im starting to think that some teams just suck and there is nothing i can do about it.

does anyone else feel that as far as teamfighting goes its not always in your hands to carry? how do you not get discouraged by the constant ruining of games that you set up for these people. i just dont know what im doing wrong if anything to carry these games. i have friends of mine who are in plat and diamond 5 (basically plat 1 lol) who when we duo to help get my account up do WORSE then me, and i mean every game. so is it safe to assume they just grinded a ton of games and i should too?

"what percentage of games should i be expected to be able to carry"

my friends seem to not even do as well as me so i dont have anyone to watch or help me, im starting to get very upset because i play well every game and every game it feels its out of my hands

PogoPogoPogoPogo

05-17-2013

You're averaging 7 cs per min, but 12.3 spawn per minute (siege minion every third wave), so you're missing nearly half the cs. Improving your cs by even 2-3 per minute (1-1.5 per wave) would make a pretty big impact for starters.

But the thing is, you don't mention roaming at all whatsoever. If you to carry from mid, you have to absolutely crush your lane, and then roam to top/bottom and gank those lanes to ensure that your top and bottom get ahead as well.

The best way to carry a match is to start early and get all your teammates fed so you don't have to 1v5 40 minutes into the match.

ROKAF JE

05-17-2013

He did mention roaming
All I can suggest is kill everyone on the map repeatedly. That's what I do and it works.
There's no specific trick, just kill everyone over and over while they're still laning
Go into the enemy jungle, kill the jungler and steal buffs
Catch people alone or make sure you assassinate the priority in team fights..

gameiseasy

05-17-2013

Quote:
ROKAF JE:
He did mention roaming
All I can suggest is kill everyone on the map repeatedly. That's what I do and it works.
There's no specific trick, just kill everyone over and over while they're still laning
Go into the enemy jungle, kill the jungler and steal buffs
Catch people alone or make sure you assassinate the priority in team fights..

if thats it then why do i struggle so much to win? i almost ALWAYS go 5-0 or 5-1 by 20 mins and i get other lanes fed or at least give them assists + tower yet we dont win

i COULD sit mid and get 10cs per min but in my exp that doesnt win me games as much as roaming does. roaming seems to prevent feeding so while it isnt always the best gold, it PREVENTS the enemy from getting gold

i feel like a babysitter half the time and i really call bull on being able to carry most games solo just because i do mad plays the entire game and if we win its cus my team isnt downie and if we lose its because it is

wish i had a good league friend lol

PogoPogoPogoPogo

05-17-2013

If you're significantly better then your lane opponent and you're sitting mid and not roaming, you need to get 12+ cs per minute. Realize that you should be killing siege minions and wraiths in addition to the regular minions.