Having to reconnect

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Flaagrah

09-26-2013

Recently I have been having a recurring problem with the mac client. When I start a game, all of the champions load to 100%. But for some reason, my client/computer never goes into the game. The cursor changes into the in game cursor (the pointing hand), but I get stuck on the loading screen. After waiting a while, I force quit my computer, restart, and reconnect. This time it goes into the game but it boots me for being inactive. After connecting for a third time, I finally load into the game and am able to play. By this time, they other players are already at lv8-10.

Btw, I am still using the beta version of the mac client. Are we supposed to download an update or does that happen automatically? I know that the game updates automatically but what about the client itself?

Brentmeister

Associate Software Engineer

09-27-2013
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Hmmm. This is a new one. Could you please post your r3d logs? They might have some hints as to what is going on. Are you unable to minimize or anything like that? Does your whole computer freeze up? Try swapping to windowed or fullscreen mode and see if that helps with the issue,

Flaagrah

09-27-2013

None of the r3d files I have seem to be from after this started happening so I'm assuming that won't be helpful. I suspect it might be a problem with my 6 year old Mac computer as it seems to happen when I leave the computer on for long periods of time and then start playing but I see no logical explanation for why the software would behave (apparently) differently because of that.

Sylveon Pls

09-28-2013

How long do you wait for until you force quit it and reload? It usually takes around like 1-2 minutes for me to actually go in game after everybody loads to 100%.

Flaagrah

09-28-2013

I wait for a few minutes before reloading.

Fazuzu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-28-2013

**** I should have read that all before I posted, I know what your problem is people get it once in a while, just let the game sit no matter how long it takes it should eventually load most of the time. I suspect that's what's happening to some matches with long loads like that, since there's often a disconnect when the match starts and it's likely the person closing the game in task manager or something and then the rest of us suddenly pop into the game lol. just let it sit, and see if it eventually loads you into the match. how much RAM do you have? I've played this in a VM a few times with only around 500 ram allocated to the VM and saw that the loading took forever in those cases. the other thing that affected loading was tying up the internet connection with constant upstream/downstream using utorrent, or anything else really that kept a steady use of a lot of bandwidth. it's probably your RAM or your bandwidth causing you to take forever to load, coupled together it would be pretty bad. It's kind of inconsiderate to try to play though if you know that 99% of the time you will stick your team or at least a lane at a disadvantage for the first 6 to 10 of the game which will pretty much decide most matches against anyone without their head up a dark place. I really hate when that happens to my teammates, but I love it when it happens to the other team.