Icebourne Gauntlet

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Memoirs

05-16-2013

If you've noticed recently, the item "Icebourne Gauntlet" is almost always used on Ezreal, a ranged ad carry. It is sort of overpowered because not only it deals tons of damage (haha phreak) but makes the enemy unable to catch him. Even if you get closer, he will have enough cooldown to re-proc that slow or if it comes down to hit, HE WILL BLINK AWAY....
it is one thing to kite a champ but applying slows on him that make it almost impossible to get to him without blowing summoners is just silly.

Solution: Please make Icebourne Gauntlet a melee only item or reduce the amount of slow on a ranged champion. Normally bruisers use Icebourne Gauntlet as a tanky item for front line, not on an ADC trying to stack armor while kiting fearlessly with a huge slow. For instance, Frozen Mallet. Its slow is lessed if the champion is not melee. Or Ravenous Hydra for melee only while hurricane is for ranged.

I want to know if a staff/player member agrees that 1) this item should be nerfed on ranged champions or 2) make it a melee item only

Note: This is not a complaint, but a mere observation that was found annoying from many players i've played with. I'm in the Platinum League, so it's not like a Wood/Bronze 5 player crying about getting kited, it is annoying in higher elo as well (: (especially if you encounter diamond smurf ezreals) .

Catalyst Dan

05-16-2013

Yeah, he can kite extremly hard with Iceborn. As Hecarim I have a hard time catching him.

Vandoozal

Recruiter

05-17-2013

There are plenty of ways of catching Ezreal, any good kiter will be able to do the same with or without iceborn gauntlets, thats like saying Hey you should reduce the slow on ashe's slow because I can't catch her or going to Vayne and saying hey could you not tumble as much and knock me back, i'm trying to kill you.

BaronVonPwny

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandoozal View Post
There are plenty of ways of catching Ezreal, any good kiter will be able to do the same with or without iceborn gauntlets, thats like saying Hey you should reduce the slow on ashe's slow because I can't catch her or going to Vayne and saying hey could you not tumble as much and knock me back, i'm trying to kill you.
The issue with saying that is, those champions are balanced around having only that much, along with any additional support from team mates they get.
Ashe has no attack speed steroid, and is unique in that regard for ad carries, and because of that she gets great slows and hard cc effects.
Vayne is incredibly short range with no AoE attacks, and so she gets some moderation of cc and utility in her tumble/stealth mechanics.
Ezreal, however, gets low-cooldown caster-type spells, and a blink for escape, but he pays for that with absolutely zero cc on his kit. The same is true for the other adc with a long-range escape, Corki.
Giving him a free 30% AoE slow, almost constantly, isn't intended for his kit. He isn't balanced around it, unlike the others you mentioned. This is the main issue at hand here.

Vandoozal

Recruiter

05-17-2013

Yes but he has to spend 3250 to get that aoe slow, it's not free. Ashe's problem like you were saying all she needs is a Phantom Dancer, and Vayne's is a Hurricanes, to counter what you're saying. Either way they have to give up an item slot and anywhere between 2500-3300 gold. But for most of these ADCs it's already part of their standard ADC kit anyways, Ez has to go out of his way to build this item, which means in return he's giving up flat damage with say a BT or BOTRK if he rushes it first and that gives the enemy team especially if they have tanks to get tankier items to counter.

KyroRayne

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandoozal View Post
Yes but he has to spend 3250 to get that aoe slow, it's not free. Ashe's problem like you were saying all she needs is a Phantom Dancer, and Vayne's is a Hurricanes, to counter what you're saying. Either way they have to give up an item slot and anywhere between 2500-3300 gold. But for most of these ADCs it's already part of their standard ADC kit anyways, Ez has to go out of his way to build this item, which means in return he's giving up flat damage with say a BT or BOTRK if he rushes it first and that gives the enemy team especially if they have tanks to get tankier items to counter.

Ez isn't spending that much on the IG. He already gets Sheen as part of his build either way. The Armor and mana from Glacial Shroud are great for an ADC lane, sure you'll be missing some damage output, but you'll survive longer than them as well as be able to cast more spells in that time because of the extra mana.

Everything on this item is great for Ez bot lane. That's the issue with it. There isn't a downside, not even the cost.

Think of it as Innervating Locket on Udyr back before it was removed. It made Udyr unkillable for the most part. Riot removed it because of how good it was with everything. Iceborn Gauntlet should as least be set to melee only champs because they're the ones that need to "stick" to other champs to deal damage.

That's just my opinion from all of the matches that I've seen with Ez playing with it.

Lime Josh

05-17-2013

ur implying that ez is the only person that uses this item, so NO it should not be melee only, and ur the only post saying ez is "OP: with it. i've played 20 sr matches, in NONE of them i have lost to an ezreal or won with an ezreal, so what ur saying is wrong to me.
Gaunts are awsome on aps on TT for mana+cd+slow+and armour vs bruisers

Vandoozal

Recruiter

05-17-2013

well there is a nerf for ranged with the item, the field is like 50% smaller and slow isn't as much if i remembered correctly

The Erotic Whale

05-17-2013

if you say your in platinum, (which you are), good players ALWAYS find a way to counter champions, champion abilities, or champion items. I can tell u are a smart player, im only in silver 5, but im giving the best advice possible to my knowledge. So knowing u, i know u will find a way.

Kholdstare13

05-17-2013

Ezreal loves it as a more strategic/defensive triforce alternative, but you can't ignore all the tanks like Ali/Bitz getting it now that they finally have a useful, defensive sheen upgrade with a ton of utility for their teams.