Karma's Corner of Consultation

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

3v0dz27hKY

Senior Member

05-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Nevin View Post
Re: Karma
I Completely understand. Your presence is welcome If you manage to make it. Perhaps sometime i can visit you if you have some free time.

-Nevin
Re: Nevin

My door is always open, friend. If you are willing to make the trek through Ionia's dangerous jungles and treacherous mountain paths to convene with me, I will only be too happy to receive you. I give you my blessing for a safe journey.

Karma


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Mr Zed

Senior Member

05-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma Khameleon View Post
A week following the delivery of a mysterious letter, Zed would receive one himself. Instead of the pure white of his envelope, this one was black as coal. On its face were no words or names, just an ominous unknown waiting within.

Master of Shadows,

I remember a time long ago when I was set in my ways. I would not raise my hand to swat an annoying gnat, let alone strike down an enemy combatant.

Those days have passed.

The threat that you pose to the harmony of Ionia has not gone unnoticed, nor is your barbarism going unchecked. The Kinkou will deal with you, Zed, but if they fail -- if you slay each and every one of them -- then I will come personally. No security, no assumptions of pacifism, and no remorse for the state I will leave you in.

You do not know the depths of my rage, Zed, for like so many others, you underestimate me. You see weakness where there is instead compassion, but it has its limits. I do not tolerate foreign incursions and I certainly wont tolerate them domestically.

You have been warned, you simple-minded fool.

Karma

Tucked within the folds of this letter is a picture. A small 3x4 photograph of Karma herself, performing what appears to be a Z-snap.
One day after her reply, a second letter appears. This time it is so black that it seems to dim the light around it, like a window into nothingness


Very well. The people will continue on as blinded by lights as you are now, until the day your compassion brings their ruin. Threaten me all you like, but in truth, you threaten Ionia's closest ally. The Kinkou have taught you to value meaningless toil. They lack the resolve to do what must be done to end this struggle. When I have buried or brought to kneel every soul calling itself ninja, then don't waste your time looking for me. I will come for you.

I will be merciful. I will leave your entire household in ruin as you sip tea, and put on a brave face. I will expose everything you know as a lie and leave you broken. On that day, if there is any strength in you, then you may speak to me of rage.

For now, Ionia needs a face.
Look up from your scales Karma, the world is crumbling around you.

For a moment the parchment shimmers, before bursting into smoke. Nothing remains.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xander Blade

Senior Member

05-17-2013

a few days after his last message, Nevin had managed to make it to Karma's place. It was a long trek and a tough one at that, but it would be worth it to see THE Karma. With a light sigh he looked within the hut, hoping she will be present.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

3v0dz27hKY

Senior Member

05-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Mr Zed View Post
One day after her reply, a second letter appears. This time it is so black that it seems to dim the light around it, like a window into nothingness


Very well. The people will continue on as blinded by lights as you are now, until the day your compassion brings their ruin. Threaten me all you like, but in truth, you threaten Ionia's closest ally. The Kinkou have taught you to value meaningless toil. They lack the resolve to do what must be done to end this struggle. When I have buried or brought to kneel every soul calling itself ninja, then don't waste your time looking for me. I will come for you.

I will be merciful. I will leave your entire household in ruin as you sip tea, and put on a brave face. I will expose everything you know as a lie and leave you broken. On that day, if there is any strength in you, then you may speak to me of rage.

For now, Ionia needs a face.
Look up from your scales Karma, the world is crumbling around you.

For a moment the parchment shimmers, before bursting into smoke. Nothing remains.
((God this would be a fun RP...))

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Nevin View Post
a few days after his last message, Nevin had managed to make it to Karma's place. It was a long trek and a tough one at that, but it would be worth it to see THE Karma. With a light sigh he looked within the hut, hoping she will be present.
Karma was waiting for Nevin at the door, like she could sense his presence drawing closer. There was some truth to that as a spirit in stress, exhausted and hungry, screamed out for peace. Most could not sense this inner turmoil, but Karma was keenly attuned to it.

"Greetings, my friend," she said in a serene, calming tone. "Come in, please. Rest your weary heart." Karma stepped away, allowing Nevin entry. The inside of Karma's hut was sparse but there was a soft cushion on the ground that would help relieve the stress of his aching legs.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xander Blade

Senior Member

05-18-2013

Nevin had bowed in respect as he entered Karma's humble abode. "thank you for allowing me to see you miss Karma." He smiled lightly as He took a seat on the cushion, instantly becoming more relaxed . He felt a sense of calm in her presence, and he could feel her serenity emanate from her. "It is true that I have a weary heart. I have been alive for some time, and been through more then perhaps one should go through."


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

3v0dz27hKY

Senior Member

05-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Nevin View Post
Nevin had bowed in respect as he entered Karma's humble abode. "thank you for allowing me to see you miss Karma." He smiled lightly as He took a seat on the cushion, instantly becoming more relaxed . He felt a sense of calm in her presence, and he could feel her serenity emanate from her. "It is true that I have a weary heart. I have been alive for some time, and been through more then perhaps one should go through."
Karma had a fresh kettle ready and she poured a cup for both herself and her guest. The flavor was diluted, either because she added few herbs or because the herbs added were naturally weak. It tasted of pine and Karma sipped it slowly, keeping her eyes from Nevin's as she did.

She listened to him speak. The pain of ages permeated his words. Though her presence brightened the room, she did not appear sad, overtly compassionate, or insincere. Karma simply understood. "A champion bull begins at birth," she quoted, finally looking into Nevin's eyes. She allowed him to take solace in their depths. "You are strong enough to overcome your burdens. You always have been. Being here, now, speaks volumes of your tenacity."

Another sip. "But I don't believe you came here to receive empty compliments. So... why did you come?"


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xander Blade

Senior Member

05-18-2013

"I thank you for your kind words." He nodded as he accepted the herbal tea and took a sip. He did not mind the slightly weak taste, and would have actually preferred something light right now anyways. It did in fact taste and smell of pine and helped to relax as he inhaled the scent.

"I came to meet you. From what little I have seen of you, you are a beautiful, strong, and kind hearted woman. I guess I had come to hopefully seek solace in maybe meeting a new friend." He wasn't completely sure as to why he had sought her out, only that he felt he needed to.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

3v0dz27hKY

Senior Member

05-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Nevin View Post
"I thank you for your kind words." He nodded as he accepted the herbal tea and took a sip. He did not mind the slightly weak taste, and would have actually preferred something light right now anyways. It did in fact taste and smell of pine and helped to relax as he inhaled the scent.

"I came to meet you. From what little I have seen of you, you are a beautiful, strong, and kind hearted woman. I guess I had come to hopefully seek solace in maybe meeting a new friend." He wasn't completely sure as to why he had sought her out, only that he felt he needed to.
"Just to meet me?" Karma smiled at the compliment. "That's quite the journey you've made in the name of friendship, Nevin."

Karma drank her tea in silence then, her piercing gaze informing Nevin he should do the same. When they had finished, Karma collected their cups and beckoned him to follow her outside.

The village proper was little more than a series of thatched huts circling an enormous banco hearth. Carved into each branco brick was a story, and anyone who felt like they had something worthwhile to say could add to its rich history. Over hundreds upon hundreds of years, children and adults, beggars and kings; each had added something, creating a truly unique mural.

Surrounding the village was a forest, obviously where the villagers got the lumber for their huts. Karma walked over to an ax protruding from a smith's stump and pried it out, then handed it to Nevin. "Nothing is given freely here. My people are compassionate and willing to help, but that person must be willing to help themselves. Are you willing to accept my aid and thus, aid yourself?"


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xander Blade

Senior Member

05-18-2013

Nevin finished the tea and given the empty cup to her. He followed her outside, looking around at the village. It had reminded him a little of his own clan back in Freljord that have long since deceased. The hearth reminded him of the small fires him and his family would gather around to tell stories.

He stood next to her as she obtained the axe from the stump. He had accepted it, though not completely sure what to do with it. "Though you don't have to do this for me, Of course I will accept your aid." he had bowed lightly. It was a great honor for someone as high stature to help him.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Mr Zed

Senior Member

05-18-2013

((God this would be a fun RP...))

U like? ;_;