Karma's Corner of Consultation

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dear Luxanna

05-17-2013

"Karma Karma~!" Lux said happily. "I'm glad you showed up! Hi~."

3v0dz27hKY

05-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dear Luxanna View Post
"Karma Karma~!" Lux said happily. "I'm glad you showed up! Hi~."
Karma looked up from signing her signature on some piece of Ionian documentation and smiled at her guest. "Luxanna. It's always a pleasure." Karma stood in one fluid motion and without the use of her hands. She walked to the other side of her modest domicile and set a new kettle to the fire. "To what do I owe the honor? You are an ocean away from Demacia."

Karma was dressed as she usually was. Her clothing was immaculate, her jewelry resplendent, and her body was clean and smelled faintly of lavender. Though the village she lived in possessed few creature comforts, the Enlightened One had nary a hair out of place.

Dear Luxanna

05-17-2013

"I've come to spend time with you." Lux said happily. "We still need to have that chess match, you know~."

3v0dz27hKY

05-17-2013

Quote:
"I've come to spend time with you." Lux said happily. "We still need to have that chess match, you know~."
Karma "aah'd" in remembrance. She lifted the lid off of the kettle and sprinkled in some herbs, then resealed it.

Karma filled her hut with little furniture or personal possessions. She owned a wardrobe filled with expensive garments, but those were mostly for diplomatic meetings and missions abroad. She had cups and saucers, a few bowls and pestles, but no pots or pans. For the odd moment of recreation, she had a solitary bookshelf half-filled with a few novels and guides, including one she had authored: The Karma Sutra. It was a big hit in Valoran, she had heard.

Aside from that, she owned an ornate and completely priceless chess set. The game was inside of a cabinet, containing the board and all requisite pieces. Karma gathered it up and walked back to her table, returning to a bow-legged sitting position and opened it up.

The white pieces were pure ivory; the black, ebony. The board itself was marble, and the cabinet it was all contained in was mahogany, carved into patterns her people used for their bonfire rituals. It was one of a kind, given to her as a gift from a grateful emperor. While Karma had little need for material possessions, she treasured this chess set.

"You may choose your preferred color, Luxanna," Karma said, her voice quiet but never without a certain weight behind it.

She and Lux had known each other for several years, unavoidable given that they both were often called to represent their respective nations. Early on in their relationship, Lux had asked Karma to call her "Lux", as she did with all of her friends. Karma continued to address her by her full name.

Dear Luxanna

05-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma Khameleon View Post
Karma "aah'd" in remembrance. She lifted the lid off of the kettle and sprinkled in some herbs, then resealed it.

Karma filled her hut with little furniture or personal possessions. She owned a wardrobe filled with expensive garments, but those were mostly for diplomatic meetings and missions abroad. She had cups and saucers, a few bowls and pestles, but no pots or pans. For the odd moment of recreation, she had a solitary bookshelf half-filled with a few novels and guides, including one she had authored: The Karma Sutra. It was a big hit in Valoran, she had heard.

Aside from that, she owned an ornate and completely priceless chess set. The game was inside of a cabinet, containing the board and all requisite pieces. Karma gathered it up and walked back to her table, returning to a bow-legged sitting position and opened it up.

The white pieces were pure ivory; the black, ebony. The board itself was marble, and the cabinet it was all contained in was mahogany, carved into patterns her people used for their bonfire rituals. It was one of a kind, given to her as a gift from a grateful emperor. While Karma had little need for material possessions, she treasured this chess set.

"You may choose your preferred color, Luxanna," Karma said, her voice quiet but never without a certain weight behind it.

She and Lux had known each other for several years, unavoidable given that they both were often called to represent their respective nations. Early on in their relationship, Lux had asked Karma to call her "Lux", as she did with all of her friends. Karma continued to address her by her full name.
Lux sat just as Karma did, trying to do as Karma did while she was here.

"I'll be generous~." She taunted, smiling. "You be white and go first."

She continued to smile, and did her part in setting up all the pieces.

"This is a really beautiful set, by the way." She said. "Never really seen one use anything beyond polished marble."

Ask Mr Zed

05-17-2013

Beside a group of letters addressed to the duchess, sat another envelope, white as snow, sat separate from the twined bunch.

Having no return address or any marking at all, it seemed to demand that it be read first.

To the Duchess of guilt,

You who the masses feel indebted too, do not think for an instant that I am not watching your every move. Your leadership rides on your achievements but what are you? A figure head. An unknowing Kinou puppet. You were never meant to stand as a leader. You have no heart for true power, and the world is watching your league matches. They know. They see it in every failure. How long before they feel as I do?

You know what should be done for the sake of our country. Step down.
Pass leadership to one who can truly withstand the might of Noxus and Demacia. One who can lead the people out of the stricken state we have entered. No amount of self-deprecating, pacifist, Talking will kill our enemies. You have ignored the looming shadow of war for far too long.

Perhaps in the end there will be a supporting role for you to fill.

For that is where you truly belong,
-Zed

3v0dz27hKY

05-17-2013

Quote:
Lux sat just as Karma did, trying to do as Karma did while she was here.

"I'll be generous~." She taunted, smiling. "You be white and go first."

She continued to smile, and did her part in setting up all the pieces.

"This is a really beautiful set, by the way." She said. "Never really seen one use anything beyond polished marble."
"Ohohoho! You are confident. This is good. No one has ever claimed victory through meekness." Karma moved a pawn forward one space, relinquishing her turn. In response to Lux's compliment, the Enlightened One pressed the palms of her hands together and offered a slight bow. "You are too kind, Luxanna."

Before Lux finished her turn, the kettle would begin whistling, causing Karma to bow once again, but this time in apology. "Forgive me. I would be a neglectful host if I did not offer you a cup of tea." Standing, she strode over to the fire and removed the kettle with a nearby iron. Two saucers and their respective cups were set out, filled, and returned to the table.

From the smaller shelf under the table, a small box filled with sugar cubes was revealed and the lid set aside. "How do you like it?"

Xander Blade

05-17-2013

A simple Letter would arrive for Karma.

Quote:
Dear Karma, The Enlightened One
It is my great pleasure to inform you that there is an arcade recently renovated and set up near the institute. As the new owner, I would like to invite you to this wonderful place.

-Nevin

3v0dz27hKY

05-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Mr Zed View Post
Beside a group of letters addressed to the duchess, sat another envelope, white as snow, sat separate from the twined bunch.

Having no return address or any marking at all, it seemed to demand that it be read first.

To the Duchess of guilt,

You who the masses feel indebted too, do not think for an instant that I am not watching your every move. Your leadership rides on your achievements but what are you? A figure head. An unknowing Kinou puppet. You were never meant to stand as a leader. You have no heart for true power, and the world is watching your league matches. They know. They see it in every failure. How long before they feel as I do?

You know what should be done for the sake of our country. Step down.
Pass leadership to one who can truly withstand the might of Noxus and Demacia. One who can lead the people out of the stricken state we have entered. No amount of self-deprecating, pacifist, Talking will kill our enemies. You have ignored the looming shadow of war for far too long.

Perhaps in the end there will be a supporting role for you to fill.

For that is where you truly belong,
-Zed
A week following the delivery of a mysterious letter, Zed would receive one himself. Instead of the pure white of his envelope, this one was black as coal. On its face were no words or names, just an ominous unknown waiting within.

Master of Shadows,

I remember a time long ago when I was set in my ways. I would not raise my hand to swat an annoying gnat, let alone strike down an enemy combatant.

Those days have passed.

The threat that you pose to the harmony of Ionia has not gone unnoticed, nor is your barbarism going unchecked. The Kinkou will deal with you, Zed, but if they fail -- if you slay each and every one of them -- then I will come personally. No security, no assumptions of pacifism, and no remorse for the state I will leave you in.

You do not know the depths of my rage, Zed, for like so many others, you underestimate me. You see weakness where there is instead compassion, but it has its limits. I do not tolerate foreign incursions and I certainly wont tolerate them domestically.

You have been warned, you simple-minded fool.

Tucked within the folds of this letter is a picture. A small 3x4 photograph of Karma herself, performing what appears to be a Z-snap.

Quote:
Quote:
A simple Letter would arrive for Karma.
Quote:
Dear Karma, The Enlightened One
It is my great pleasure to inform you that there is an arcade recently renovated and set up near the institute. As the new owner, I would like to invite you to this wonderful place.

-Nevin
Re: Nevin

If possible, I will visit. Please understand that my schedule is quite full and I may not be able to arrive for some time.

Sincerely, Karma

Xander Blade

05-17-2013

Re: Karma
I Completely understand. Your presence is welcome If you manage to make it. Perhaps sometime i can visit you if you have some free time.

-Nevin