Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Don't ever expect a skin like "French Maid Nidalee" or "Battle Bunny Riven"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SmellslikeCF

05-17-2013

Quote:
IronStylus:
If sarcasm were an exportable good, I could eliminate this country's trade deficit in no time.

I DARE you! Ser IronStylus... to speak in only sarcasm from now on. No syntactically neutral sentences... just pure, filthy sarcasm.

Go!

Alex3omg

05-17-2013

Quote:
IronStylus:
ohhh snap!

Hey IronStylus

I know it ain't your field but you're reading the thread so I wanted to see if you could get a person who's job it is onthacase...

On these forums there's a problem where a minority opinion will be downvoted and a thread will close just because the community disagrees in general. While it may seem like democracy, I think we all know how this community is and why this might be a problem. People should be allowed to discuss unpopular opinions, as long as it's not breaking any rules, without moderation. I think people should be able to hide threads too, though.

Problem is making a thread about this is pointless, it'll get closed instantly. The majority of the people here like the way it is. They like having the power to silence people they disagree with.

I don't know who covers this **** but it's ridiculous and I've hated it ever since my old days of being locked for saying Karma's UP, or asking what to build on her mid. I've had threads locked for wanting to discuss Viktor's strength, or asking about playing legol on a Mac etc.

Again I know this isn't your thing, but you are a hero of the people and the champion of minority rights within this community. I trust you to take this message to thems who can do somefin' bout it. :| in return, leona fanart (and a wallpaper I made and yes there's a diana one and yes you can have it if you do this)

edit- http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3447380 tick tock my thread will close soon

Eyrgos

05-17-2013

Quote:
alex3omg:
hey ironstylus

i know it ain't your field but you're reading the thread so i wanted to see if you could get a person who's job it is onthacase...

On these forums there's a problem where a minority opinion will be downvoted and a thread will close just because the community disagrees in general. While it may seem like democracy, i think we all know how this community is and why this might be a problem. People should be allowed to discuss unpopular opinions, as long as it's not breaking any rules, without moderation. I think people should be able to hide threads too, though.

Problem is making a thread about this is pointless, it'll get closed instantly. The majority of the people here like the way it is. They like having the power to silence people they disagree with.

I don't know who covers this **** but it's ridiculous and i've hated it ever since my old days of being locked for saying karma's up, or asking what to build on her mid. I've had threads locked for wanting to discuss viktor's strength, or asking about playing legol on a mac etc.

Again i know this isn't your thing, but you are a hero of the people and the champion of minority rights within this community. I trust you to take this message to thems who can do somefin' bout it. :| in return, leona fanart (and a wallpaper i made and yes there's a diana one and yes you can have it if you do this)

gorgeous

Seracain

05-17-2013

I think the difference between sexy and sexualised is that something sexualised exists purely to be sexy, where as something can be sexy without that being the entire focus. Splash art in a pinup pose is sexulised, but not all sexy splash arts are in a pin up pose.

Zyras Honey Pot

05-17-2013

I don't know if you're at liberty to speak on the matter ironstylus, but are there any plans for Zyra in terms of skins in the near future ?

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

05-17-2013

Quote:
Alex3omg:
Hey IronStylus

I know it ain't your field but you're reading the thread so I wanted to see if you could get a person who's job it is onthacase...

On these forums there's a problem where a minority opinion will be downvoted and a thread will close just because the community disagrees in general. While it may seem like democracy, I think we all know how this community is and why this might be a problem. People should be allowed to discuss unpopular opinions, as long as it's not breaking any rules, without moderation. I think people should be able to hide threads too, though.

I don't know who covers this **** but it's ridiculous and I've hated it ever since my old days of being locked for saying Karma's UP, or asking what to build on her mid. I've had threads locked for wanting to discuss Viktor's strength, or asking about playing legol on a Mac etc.

Again I know this isn't your thing, but you are a hero of the people and the champion of minority rights within this community. I trust you to take this message to thems who can do somefin' bout it. :| in return, leona fanart (and a wallpaper I made and yes there's a diana one and yes you can have it if you do this)

edit- http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3447380 tick tock my thread will close soon

Hrm.. yeah, not my specialty, but I do appreciate the art! If I hear any murmurings as to what exactly the deal is I'll see what I can stick my face into.

Beastmodeterror

05-17-2013

idk about you guys, but im very happy with where the games art and concepts are.

+1 to Riot, tower destruction animations, Aatrox, custom item lists, violent/sexual content all meet my requirements

SmellslikeCF

05-17-2013

Quote:
Seracain:
I think the difference between sexy and sexualised is that something sexualised exists purely to be sexy, where as something can be sexy without that being the entire focus. Splash art in a pinup pose is sexulised, but not all sexy splash arts are in a pin up pose.

Matter of opinion:

Personally I find "sexualisation" as something which is given non-discreet, purposeful, sexual features for the sake of it.

To give an example - as Riot have pointed out, Elise's personna is seductive/sexy and hence her "look" this is an example of not a "sexualised" character, but one whos looks suit her personality

Comedian

Recruiter

05-17-2013

Hey, Parrot, would you like to engage in a 5v5 normal que match?

Alex3omg

05-17-2013

Quote:
Eyrgos:
gorgeous

thanks m8

you can help me boycott the system by not downvoting OP's that are below 10 or w.e, don't wanna assist the closure.

honestly there should be a system of kudos like *EVERYFORUMEVERY* and then a report button, no downvote. Downvoting leads to a mob mentality and negativity. Upvotes should be limited to a few each day so they're only given to truly quality posts, and encourage good posting, like Curse's minecraft forums.