Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Don't ever expect a skin like "French Maid Nidalee" or "Battle Bunny Riven"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SmellslikeCF

05-17-2013

Quote:
IronStylus:
If all goes to plan, Diana's next skin will skirt the boarder between classy, sexy, and a little creepy.

"Jus-waiting-for-a-mate" Diana

Tortferngatr

05-17-2013

Quote:
costas84:
And thats what people want.

But there needs to be some variety in the female champions that are going to come out, i mean, if all the next female champions are full clad in armor and look like they are dudes(like Quinn), it wouldnt be so good.

A good example of what people want is Ahri, shes a succubus, so shes sexy and its justified, ive read that some people actually think that shes a very cool character.

I personally expect some variety at least.

Please correct me if im wrong.

The previous female champs:

-Vi (looks good but is pretty clearly nonsexualized)
-Nami (mermaid)
-Elise (evil sexy; justified by being the Spider Queen and manipulative as all heck)
-Syndra (sexy, but oddly I find her main physical appeal to be how she almost seems to physically flow in terms of movement.)
-Diana (armor, moon paladin/"heretic" figure, contrast to sun paladin Leona)
-Zyra ("honeydew trap.&quot
-Lulu (Yordle)

The following female champ(s):
-Lissandra ("White Witch of Narnia, except looking a lot more naturally unsettling." Clearly female, just...well, chillingly terrifying.)
-Karma relaunch (actually GAINED a more sexually appealing outfit!)
-Sejuani relaunch (do I REALLY have to say why bikini on the tundra is stupid? She fits her "barbarian beast-rider" archetype far more effectively with actual armor on.)

Ahri is cool for numerous reasons, and so is MF (who is for all intents and purposes a gender-flipped, pirate version of Han Solo,) but we have many of those. Quinn is probably the LEAST obviously female female champ in the game right now. Her character archetype tends to be traditionally associated with androgynous characters, anyway.)

I certainly don't mind designs like Syndra.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

05-17-2013

Quote:
davin:
The key distinction here is something can be sexy without being objectifying and without just being about secondary (or primary) sexual characteristics. I've talked to IronStylus (and to anyone else who doesn't make me shut up, I'm the worst) a bunch about this, and I think that's one of the more meaningful distinctions.

Don't you DARE shut up! Ever!

You have that.. ya know.. that science thing.. to back up all my crazy assertions!

A Swarm of Koala

05-17-2013

Hey Ironstylus, which would you rather have first: Pirate Quinn, or Commando?

Or perhaps even Steel Legion, since you've worked a lot on that set.

The Toad

05-17-2013

Sexy Skins are like doors. If you put in too many curves, the frame just won't hold up.

Eyrgos

05-17-2013

Quote:
A Swarm of Koala:

Nightwing Quinn, of course :P

AntiSkillshot

05-17-2013

Quote:
IronStylus:
Yup. Never expect to see Leona in a bathing suit either....

I.. I just.. these sorts of comments make me crack right the **** up. I.. I just can't... hoooo boy..

Oh snap...

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

05-17-2013

Quote:
Tortferngatr:
The previous female champs:

-Vi (looks good but is pretty clearly nonsexualized)
-Nami (mermaid)
-Elise (evil sexy; justified by being the Spider Queen and manipulative as all heck)
-Syndra (sexy, but oddly I find her main physical appeal to be how she almost seems to physically flow in terms of movement.)
-Diana (armor, moon paladin/"heretic" figure, contrast to sun paladin Leona)
-Zyra ("honeydew trap.&quot
-Lulu (Yordle)

The following female champ(s):
-Lissandra ("White Witch of Narnia, except looking a lot more naturally unsettling." Clearly female, just...well, chillingly terrifying.)
-Karma relaunch (actually GAINED a more sexually appealing outfit!)
-Sejuani relaunch (do I REALLY have to say why bikini on the tundra is stupid? She fits her "barbarian beast-rider" archetype far more effectively with actual armor on.)

Ahri is cool for numerous reasons, and so is MF (who is for all intents and purposes a gender-flipped, pirate version of Han Solo,) but we have many of those. Quinn is probably the LEAST obviously female female champ in the game right now. Her character archetype tends to be traditionally associated with androgynous characters, anyway.)

I certainly don't mind designs like Syndra.

I like the cut of your jib.

JoeDerp

05-17-2013

Quote:
A Swarm of Koala:

Armour of the 5th Age Quinn, pls.

The Tardwrangler

05-17-2013

Quote:
IronStylus:
Then you need 4 other characters to get a Ninja Turtle skin.

FULL TEAM COMP.

Master Splinter Twitch wouldn't be too hard either haha