Pantheon

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ephestion1

05-16-2013

I have been playing Pantheon lately thinking he maybe a good aggressive summoner. He looked tough, and cool on the battle field. But he fights worse than a girl. He should be renamed Panpussy.

I have tried incremental builds on summoner's rift to see how he fares with minor upgrades. I have tried the recommended builds that pop up in game. I have tried custom builds but the end result is the same.

I am an average player who would normally get between 6-14 bot frags with any other summoner. But Pantheon seems really bad for anything. His abilities deal a hybrid range of Physical or Magical attack which is confusing when trying to buy a weapon for him.

At the start of the game he seems reasonable but lacks the ability to solo or even to farm properly. This affects his end game because this kind of summoner needs to be very potent in his attacks and to do that will need high armour piercing, high damage physical, speed, cooldowns and items that give him some AOE like slows.

With a Champion like Garen you buy Speed, Penetration, Damage and Armour. But Pantheon lacks in almost every area which is a shame considering the high level of strength he has is wasted.

Pantheons Heat Seeker Strike is very weak. A combo attack of Aegis of Zeona, Heat Seeker Strike and Spearshot doesn't end the match. Even when the opponent enemy is equal level and is missing 2/3 of HP. In fact I have used that combo while at full health against summoners with low health, and have died in a duel. So my question is how much longer do we need to wait for him to be reworked and balanced to make him an assassin rather than some hybrid feeder.

Pantheon should have:
Very strong attack - he should have slightly higher attack speed
Fast Speed - His natural speed should be increased

He also needs to counter AOE Slows and Stuns and apply some mild or small area AOE of his own otherwise he ain't an assassin.

His Skills Need:
Spear Shot - should do proportional damage to missing HP not just lower than 15% and it should be a killing shot similar to Caitlyns sniper shots.
Heat Seaker - Should be slightly more potent with added slow. Many times using Aegis of Zenora they enemy is stunned and then no matter how fast you use Heat Seaker they have run out of it's range.
Aegis of Zenoa - should stun a small area but remain very effective. This can help pantheon survive against 2 bots but will not typically give him two kills.

Skyfall - Is a teleport skill that is entirely useless as an attacking skill. The only time in game when it can be used with certainty is when the enemy are all crowded around one of your allied towers. Because there is a chance they will stay there hitting teh tower for a while giving enough time for the skill to be used properly. If it is to be simply a teleport, then atleast beef up the other skills of Pantheon because unlike the majority of summoners he can't use his ultimate for a kill. Which is stupid considering he was meant to be an assassin.

Overall he needs attention in the next patch. Like I said I am an average player and maybe some people know some special things about the summoner that makes him a bit better to use. I would encourage the Devs to go find out what better pvp and pve players are doing with this champion. All I know comes from my own testing and I am disappointed to be honest.

Now of course an alternative way to deal with this problem is ensure there are more weapons and armor that actually benefit him. His recommended list are ****, because you need over 20k gold just to become viable in a late game. He needs some kind of farming advantage and also better gear that suits his skills. I think this applies to several other hybrid types as well as Pantheon.

AraaKun

05-16-2013

You obviously don't know how to play pantheon

Me Is Happy

05-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustSaiyan26 View Post
You obviously don't know how to play pantheon
Pantheon does need a slight buff though.
Base stat buffs should be able to fix that easily.

hypersabotage

05-16-2013

no, just no if you're failing a lane at manthion you're doing something horrendously wrong with him i have carried literally every game i have played as panth. although i do have to agree gis ult needs a little bit of a rework.

GodfreyLionHeart

05-16-2013

pantheon is not a "good aggressive summoner", what are u? lvl 3?

DaEMoN MiKoLaS

05-16-2013

I'm not going to flame the original poster like some of us...

But to the original poster, you're doing something wrong with pantheon if you feel that way. I'm practically always positive with him, even in the games that I lose, and I'm often carrying. It's very easy to have a 2-4:1 KDA with him. My last game with him was something like 28:5.

Couple of tips to consider.
- In 1 v 1 situations, try to use up your block before jumping in to get the second block, this makes all the difference in early game fights as negating two of their hits will ensure you win each trade.
- Mid to late game, when teamfights are far more likely, you ALWAYS want to come late to the party. But never so late that the rest of your team dies, timing is everything.
- Infinity Edge and Last Whisper are a must on him, I've been able to take down adcs late game with those items despite their dps due to my block and stun.
- He is squishy, without a doubt, all the reason why you don't want to intiate or be off positioned, a warmogs helps significantly if you're proned to this.

I used to think he needed a buff, but lately I haven't felt that way, I do wish his ult would proc a bit sooner (.5 seconds or so). It is incredibly easy to dodge given the obvious circle (and everybody knows not to be in the center), and doesn't really deal much damage or provide cc late game compared to a handful of other radius ults.

AraaKun

05-16-2013

Build panteon bruiser:

Merc Treads
Black Cleaver
Mogs
Atma's
Maw
Frozen Mallet or Randuins

You don't need to build damage on him. Build him bruiser or tanky even. That right there is a basic build. Of course, you will have to adjust according to the other team at some points. He DOES NOT need to build much damage items for him to good.

Honestly, Panth is much more useful as a tanky/ad kind rather than a full ad assassin (unless you go mid of course). I would look at your lolking, but I can't find any games or w/e. Won't show me anything.

His E does a lot of damage already. Max it first. It's your main damage. Q is for poke. If you go against your counter, max Q then E. Max W last no matter what.

His ult will need some practicing. But I do think that the people he hits on the outer edges of his ult does seem at little misleading.

When you ult and opponent is near the middle combo is Q>W>E.

If far from ult W>E>Q

Vuther

05-16-2013

His base movement speed is already tied for the highest in the game

I don't think they'll be willing to increase that.

Ephestion1

05-16-2013

I don't know guys, I like playing characters that don't look like they came out of Hell or some genetic experiment. Good old fashioned normal looking Champions, and Pantheon looked like some mighty Spartan that would do stuff like in 300 the movie. But he is soft and squishy which kinda ruins the whole image.

At 0:34 is the Spear Shot and at 1:34 is how Pantheon should die with a spear through him.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kuna7sC5ek

I have no idea which stats need to be boosted but when I play an average game I make about 8k Gold and only if I have someone in my lane dropping stuns. With team work Pantheon can get reasonably strong. But still he is very squishy for a fighter/assassin. I think he needs some kind of modification.

Maybe the stun shot should be a spear thrust that does more damage and keeps units stunned with some freeze effect to stop them running away after the stun. Also when he strikes normally 1v1 against anything else he is not that great. Considering we sacrificed so much armor for a high attack strength, the payoff is really small in terms of Attack, and yet he is as soft as butter.

I think Pantheon should be turned more into a fighter with some better resistance and robustness in the game. As he is, he relies entirely on q w e and r is like a teleport with a small chance of doing some damage on landing. 3.5 Seconds delay for R is what makes it useless as an ultimate. If it was 2 secs it may actually be of value, but not sure.

Also I do know how to play Pantheon it is just that he is to Squishy to play properly and relies heavily on team work to stun and slow down opponents for you to take down. Most people hate playing with Pantheon because he is only good at final strikes and runs away from fights that he starts with his spear shot. So my ability is not in question, but I will admit that since making this thread I did find a few solutions.

Firstly Pantheon really needs to upgrade all the time even if it means buying cheap long swords, BF Swords and upgrading later to top tier weapons. He becomes totally reliant on weapon upgrades as the game progresses. Infact I calculated that he needs atleast 8 take downs to even afford a reasonable set of gear because he doesn't farm minions as well as other Champions and he really needs a lot of top tier gear to become viable. I haven't had the guts to try him in PvP because he feels too squishy and most PvP's don't even get to late game stages. (I am level 15 btw)

Mogs01gt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-17-2013

Panth is pretty pathetic in SR. His is useless past level 10, his ult sucks, his late game is horrible. They need to remake him, if he is a bruiser, make him one. If he is an assassin, design him as one.

He needs fixed. Going mid against a squishie champ doesnt make a champ viable.