Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lxpq15

05-16-2013

Quote:
xDrewness:
Cool, so i work a fulltime job, have today off and figure that its worth my while to ruin my sleep for a shot at the name ive wanted. Hours of ruined sleep, and unresponsive mods later, im supposed to be happy that this wont happen again in the future? What about all the countless peoples hours you've now wasted, do you think we give any cares that you'll get it right next time; honestly you better this was a huge screw up. What do we get for all our time sitting around waiting for what we thought was a reliable company who would do their best to make it up to us, lots of lost sleep, wasted time, failure to deliver a product that i myself at least probably wont have another shot at, and you honestly think, sorry it wont happen again just fixes that? Gee thanks Riot, as a customer i feel like that made everything worthwhile, amirite? This is completely unacceptable. How about a reliable timeframe so i dont waste any more of my time on this joke, ty.

Good god League has some entitled ***** players.

Relent

05-16-2013

@ people complaining about their sleep schedules now being messed up... they would have been messed up if the patch had worked too, stop complaining about it. No one forced you to stay up.

Louis Siphur

05-16-2013

I'm sorry Riot but you need to fix your **** up fast before the North American community gets to the point that it is beyond repairable. In the European servers there are no issues and everyone is happy. How come the server that is given the most attention in regards to customer support (Please do not lie it takes me 5 days to get a red post on EUW and it takes hours here) is the only server that is making the most simplest of mistakes. Always check your work twice! Always check the forums the moment something big happens in case they find something you couldn't. As a moderator for a game in the past your service is below standard. We are not paying you people to throw mistakes at us for results. This is what the PBE server is for, this is what simple testing is for, this is what the customers are here for.

Small add on here: I'm from the United Kingdom, you haven't ruined my sleep fortunately but I am still severely disappointed in the act regardless.

I am sorry for everyone who has lost sleep due to false hope.

I am TwistedFate

Recruiter

05-16-2013

well good job riot, you got everyone hyped about this and then let everyone down...AGAIN. It's like your MO not to do something right so that your entire player base is let down and screwed over. Im so glad that the EU name cleanup will go well, but ours is going to happen "at some future time" gj riot

Riot- ****ing over their fans one patch at a time

Hail

05-16-2013

Quote:
xDrewness:
Cool, so i work a fulltime job, have today off and figure that its worth my while to ruin my sleep for a shot at the name ive wanted. Hours of ruined sleep, and unresponsive mods later, im supposed to be happy that this wont happen again in the future? What about all the countless peoples hours you've now wasted, do you think we give any cares that you'll get it right next time; honestly you better this was a huge screw up. What do we get for all our time sitting around waiting for what we thought was a reliable company who would do their best to make it up to us, lots of lost sleep, wasted time, failure to deliver a product that i myself at least probably wont have another shot at, and you honestly think, sorry it wont happen again just fixes that? Gee thanks Riot, as a customer i feel like that made everything worthwhile, amirite? This is completely unacceptable. How about a reliable timeframe so i dont waste any more of my time on this joke, ty.

My words exactly.

Riot Terablo

Systems Administrator

05-16-2013

Quote:
Xoxex:
so since this went out what will you do if people start getting on those accounts and play 1 game? Essentially you just increased the window for them to do so and deny anyone from getting that name for another year even though they dont use it.

This might happen but I would say its unlikely. Every summoner at risk of loosing their name received an email from us days ago, they already had a fair bit of time to save their name if they intended on playing on that account.

This is the Hour

05-16-2013

Quote:
lxpq15:
Good god League has some entitled ***** players.
There's a difference between entitlement and expecting a company to follow through with its promises without problems. Riot has a history of failing to deliver on their promises and this **** is getting old and inexcusable.

A Noble God

05-16-2013

Quote:
XpIicit:
Got to love the people defending these *******s. Obviously no idea how to run a company that has customers. I would like to see these idiots go to a store and wait 5 hours for a problem to addressed.

It's a Free to Play game, where you have the option to pay them for a cosmetic item in game. Programming in a large environment while communicating with each other constantly as well as providing feedback or responses to the community immediately is difficult.
Almost positive the Rioters in charge of the scripting and what not have to consult each other before posting here so they are not incorrect.

WolfFTW

05-16-2013

Quote:
outthawazoo:
There's a difference between entitlement and expecting a company to follow through with its promises without problems. Riot has a history of failing to deliver on their promises and this **** is getting old and inexcusable.

Not to mention the lack of proper communication they have always had.

lxpq15

05-16-2013

Quote:
outthawazoo:

You don't seem to realize that Rioters are human.

And humans make mistakes, whether you like it or not.

Don't have to throw a ****fit and still rage when they've confirmed they're trying their hardest to fix their mistake.