Ways to Calculate MMR?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kohou

05-16-2013

I've been getting clamped pretty hard, so I was wondering if there's a way to calculate your hidden stats. It looks like it's starting to let go (just got 6 instead of 5 or 4) but I'm still kind of wondering what my numbers look like for it to have shut down on me so hard like this.

Anyone have any ideas?

Mokkun

05-16-2013

lolking score vs previous elo for range you are trying to get into is about the best you can do.

ex: 1080 trying for silver 5 is 120-170 points under what they should be. (I did not look you up, I have no idea where you are at.)

obviously, lolking is now guessing, but unless Riot also changed the formula for Elo, it should be fairly accurate.

(if lolking is accurate, that's your Elo(MMR)) the rest is to tell if you are close to clamping.

Kohou

05-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mokkun View Post
lolking score vs previous elo for range you are trying to get into is about the best you can do.

ex: 1080 trying for silver 5 is 120-170 points under what they should be. (I did not look you up, I have no idea where you are at.)

obviously, lolking is now guessing, but unless Riot also changed the formula for Elo, it should be fairly accurate.

(if lolking is accurate, that's your Elo(MMR)) the rest is to tell if you are close to clamping.
Not including the match I just finished, it's at 1478. So by that logic, my next two or three games should break me out of the clamping.

I didn't realize that Lolking's rating was still relevant, thanks for the info.

Boloney

05-16-2013

Lolking score is not MMR. It's not even an attempt to estimate it.

All it's doing is taking your current division and LP and calculating a number that looks like MMR.

Wins, losses, previous Elo, and all that are not considered at all.

So, no, it's not useful for judging when your clamping is going to ease up.

Mirror

05-16-2013

LoLking's number is literally just a translation of the new divisions & League Points to "old" rating. It treats 100 League Points as 100 rating, and that's it.

Kohou

05-16-2013

Then does anyone have any actual way to do it then?

Bernkastar

05-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metronomotopoeia View Post
LoLking's number is literally just a translation of the new divisions & League Points to "old" rating. It treats 100 League Points as 100 rating, and that's it.
Actually 100 points = 70 LKS. It uses the cutoffs from last season: 350 Elo per tier / 70 Elo per division.

Kohou

05-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by mid bernkastel View Post
Actually 100 points = 70 LKS. It uses the cutoffs from last season: 350 Elo per tier / 70 Elo per division.
wait, can you explain this a little more?

LOLOL BYE

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-16-2013

The answer is no, Nobody knows how to calculate it.

For all we know MMR could be a number between 10,000 - 50,000. It could be between 0-800.

Nobody knows what value range its in, how much variables affect it etc.

I See Stars

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-16-2013

LoLKing

is

not

accurate

LoLKing score is based of LP and your Division.