Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Easiest champion to do well on

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WAAAGHH

12-10-2009

Sorry guys. Ashe may be the most played character, but she's not the easiest. How many Ashe's have you owned and said "wow, this Ashe sucks?" Cause that happens almost every game with me. Sure, not saying she's hard to use, but tons of people suck with her, it's easier to kill a garbage Ashe than a garbage Singed, Twitch or Blitzcrank.

Darkmana

Recruiter

12-11-2009

Quote:
WAAAGHH:
Sorry guys. Ashe may be the most played character, but she's not the easiest. How many Ashe's have you owned and said "wow, this Ashe sucks?" Cause that happens almost every game with me. Sure, not saying she's hard to use, but tons of people suck with her, it's easier to kill a garbage Ashe than a garbage Singed, Twitch or Blitzcrank.

Of course, even in her strategy section one of her weakness' is "gank-bait" so if a newbie doesn't see a gank coming, which they wont, their chances of escape are pretty much 0% while with someone like Cho'gath they might actually survive.

Speaking of which I'm buying him next lol. As a new player myself i accually find Nunu easier to play than Ashe. By using a caster build he can escape many ganks that Ashe cant.

Worstcase

12-11-2009

1. Cho'Gath
2. Ashe
3. Ryze

DarkVizard

Banned

12-11-2009

In my opinion I would say teemo is the easiest champion to play, both AP build and AS build works. Even if you buy the wrong item for teemo like a thornmail he still good all you need to do is put like tons of bombs around the map, i have seen many lvl 5 players having many kills with teemo because they keep putting bombs.

TrrZ

12-11-2009

i have to agree with wagh, I've seen too many bad ashes. the buy phantoms, they buy armor, they are always low on mana and can't spam volleys X_x

though ashe is very aeasy to have fun with. any arrow that helped kill someone from more than one screen distance makes u feel increadibly skilled ))))

hz0ijXGF8qeI0CRT

12-12-2009

Quote:
Disaster:
caster: play annie, short cooldowns and decent farming capabilities, teaches you how to burst
carries: play ashe/yi, easy as hell to play and farm with, and teaches you about weaving in and out of combat/positioning
tank/melee support: play cho'gath, tough and teaches you about ability placement.

i learned alot by playing alot of ashe/yi

Never played Ashe or Yi.. Maybe thats why I haven't learned

Ashe is definately a good one, as long as you don't insist on soloing mid as a complete newbie without map overview.

Heimerdinger teaches you humility, which you are going to need. You're not the greatest out there. (I rage alot still lol).

Tryndamere is cool when you get to 6 so you have a few "ohhh ****"-buttons. Just R and escape through the woods.

But thats just IMHO

Tsujakii

06-19-2011

Quote:
TrrZ:
i have to agree with wagh, I've seen too many bad ashes. the buy phantoms, they buy armor, they are always low on mana and can't spam volleys X_x

though ashe is very aeasy to have fun with. any arrow that helped kill someone from more than one screen distance makes u feel increadibly skilled ))))

lol you dont need mana with ashe if you know how to paly her.

brashorc

06-19-2011

we are talking about new people to League of Legends.
To me, the best person for new summoners has to be Nunu.
He is kind of tanky so the learning curve is not that bad.
He has two spells that help him and his team. (consume and blood boil)
His ult while flashy teachs the need to now timing.

Worst for starting players:

Anyone with a skill shot because right off the back, they are behind the curve and have to practice till they get it. Where as smart cast spells are better as aiming is not needed.

Carries as they are always the one to be focused. Unless they are incredibly farmed, have some sort of cc or have some sort of escape mechanism; they will not get away as they have such low health.

Support as that requires knowing alot about the game and the different mechanics that are involved with each champion. You have to know the timing for dragon and baron and the buffs. You have to be able to support your team. You cannot farm as this takes away from your carries who need it more. You are the one buying wards to keep sight on the map. All and all requires a good team.

Junglers, as you need the summoner levels to actually jungle decent. Also, you have to be able to tell which lanes you can gank and who you can gank. Further you have to communicate with your team about this and they have to recongize what to do. All and all requires summoner levels and a good team.

Mr Pookiekins

06-19-2011

vlad?

raynac

06-19-2011

Ryze would be easier to play than Annie because he has no form of skill shot, just point and click. His build is also based off of mana making said new player more tanky than most mages via the items they would have to buy (which is also his recommended items making it easier for them to buy) his low cooldowns and large mana pool make the timing of your spell casting less important requiring less skill