UNIQUE Passive - Maim

Every basic attack deals 125 bonus magic damage 2,350 55.16%
Every 4th basic attack deals 500 bonus magic damage 952 22.35%
Every 4th consecutive basic attack within the next 3 seconds deals 500 bonus magic damage 490 11.50%
I have a new idea and posted about it below 82 1.92%
25% chance to deal 500 bonus magic damage 386 9.06%
Voters: 4260. You may not vote on this poll

Potential Madred's / Wriggle's changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Statikk

Live Balance Designer

05-15-2013
1 of 6 Riot Posts

Hey all,

Just wanted to ask those of you who use Madred's Razors or Wriggle's Lantern, what direction you would like us to take the Maim passive proc?

I've attached a poll here. Feel free to both vote and post below describing why you chose that option.

Note: the numbers used in the poll are not finalized and would be subject to iterative changes.

CrazedPorcupine

05-15-2013

waiting for poll...

Edit: I prefer the first 2 options, Every attack does bonus damage, or every 4th attack does the full amount of damage.

Svartfisk

05-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by statikk View Post
hey all,

just wanted to ask those of you who use madred's razors or wriggle's lantern, what direction you would like us to take the maim passive proc?

i've attached a poll here. feel free to both vote and post below describing why you chose that option.

Note: The numbers used in the poll are not finalized and would be subject to iterative changes.
lies!!!

EDIT: Might as well add my two cents, even though the poll is not yet up. As one who wants to remove as much of the randomness in the game as possible, I primarily want to be able to control the proc. I must say I consider it overpowered when you get several procs on big monsters in a row (rare, but does happen), and likewise, it's really annoying to donate blue/red, only to have it unintentionally stolen away by yourself because of an unlucky proc.

Kelhan

05-15-2013

Can't wait to see the poll. BTW Statikk, any plan for another build option for Madred's Razor?

Right now, Wriggle looks pretty expensive for what it does. Most champion will buy Madred's for the proc, but won't upgrade it because wriggle isn't that cost efficient. Considering augmenting the number of holded wards to 2 but only 1 out at a time?

41noob

05-15-2013

I very rarely buy wriggles/madreds due to spirit stone being sufficient enough for clear times and the better buy path and the items are far superior.

the health regen/mana regen on spirit stone is very nice too.

another thing, as other people have said, is make it require a certain amount of hits instead of it being random

once every 3-4 maybe?

Machop

05-15-2013

Oh statikk, you so cray. There is no poll. Will edit once that comes out.

EDIT: I like a lot of the ideas from the poll. Getting rid of the % chance to proc would do the item wonders. I voted for the 500 damage on every 4th autoattack, since it would stay consistent with the current madreds razor. Plus it kind of sucks when you're the jungler and an unexpected magic damage proc takes the last hit on blue buff when youre trying to give it to a laner.

The Narrator

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-15-2013

I came for the poll, felt disappointed and lied to, but stayed for Statikk.

Peach Goddess

05-15-2013

Personally, I'd like to see the proc activate consistently rather than sporadicly.

Shiny Swinub

05-15-2013

No poll yet, but is this a result of that thread that wants to take Smite away?
I agree that we should be able to control the proc; jungling is random enough (with camps critting and such)

Datavore

05-15-2013

Well, there is no poll.....

But as for me, I'd like to get 1/5 of the proc per hit, rather than one giant proc 20% of the time. I'd also like some of the other numbers to go up just a bit; the new jungle is so horrendously difficult that Wriggle's just doesn't give enough, either clear speed or durability.