Xerath rework????

12345 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Owen Balfe

05-14-2013

So i just read today that Xerath will be getting a rework. And why is this???

Xerath is my main in mid and there is nothing wrong with him. If players are complaining about him, then doesn't that mean they are playing him wrong? I win my lane every game with him, no matter who i play against, because i change my play depending on who im laning with.

Players have to accept that not every champion can be played the same, and if they cant handle them, why must they get a rework? He is basically an artillery champion, stand back and rain down hell on the enemy. And his poke is enough to poke the enemy down to little health for them to jump in. I really dont think he needs a rework, nothing at all.

Flipsy

05-14-2013

His playability is rocky. Either players do really well with him, or bomb. There is no in between, much like Fiddlesticks. You either have a great game as Fiddle, or you're the scapegoat for why your team loses. That's my guess.

vex29trap3

05-14-2013

I agree, Xerath is my main mid champion and I really don't like the possible future changes to him. It's going to change the way Xerath feels Imo.

I personally think that Xerath could use these 3 possible changes:
-Slightly increase the base damage on Q at higher ranks.
-Reduce cooldown OR increase range on E.
-Change his passive to something that fits a long ranged mage.

Owen Balfe

05-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flipsy View Post
His playability is rocky. Either players do really well with him, or bomb. There is no in between, much like Fiddlesticks. You either have a great game as Fiddle, or you're the scapegoat for why your team loses. That's my guess.
But in my opinion, thats just what a high skill cap is. He may be hard to play for some players, but you just have to adjust your play accordingly.

Now with Heimerdinger on the other hand, you can either have a good game or a bad game. He is also one of my mains as he is so fun to play. If I lane against another caster, im fine, if im against someone say Kha'Zix, im ****ed. Theres just no way for me to farm without leaving my mid turret. But I am still sceptical on his rework. I really hope they done change what Heimerdinger makes who he is.

But with Xerath, standing by your turret is just fine because of his range. I think players just dont see his potential.

Invictrix

05-15-2013

I also use Xerath mid often and I don't think he needs a rework. At most they could add something to his W, but that is about it. It would be more in line with the trundle tweak than a real rework.

That being said I have been following along with Xelnath and his ideas to rework Xerath, and I trust the guy to do what is best for the champion.

Flipsy

05-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owen Balfe View Post
But in my opinion, thats just what a high skill cap is. He may be hard to play for some players, but you just have to adjust your play accordingly.

Now with Heimerdinger on the other hand, you can either have a good game or a bad game. He is also one of my mains as he is so fun to play. If I lane against another caster, im fine, if im against someone say Kha'Zix, im ****ed. Theres just no way for me to farm without leaving my mid turret. But I am still sceptical on his rework. I really hope they done change what Heimerdinger makes who he is.

But with Xerath, standing by your turret is just fine because of his range. I think players just dont see his potential.
High skillcap means it requires alot of skill to perfect. What I'm saying is if Xerath is shut down early game, it doesn't matter what your skill level is as a person, you will STAY shut down no matter how you try to claw your way up. He has no real way to bounce back. If a Fiddlesticks is shut down early on in laning phase, he's a joke mid-game onward. He's either good or bad, I feel Xerath is the same. I have yet to see a Xerath be shut down early game and be a deciding factor going into late game.

Owen Balfe

05-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flipsy View Post
High skillcap means it requires alot of skill to perfect. What I'm saying is if Xerath is shut down early game, it doesn't matter what your skill level is as a person, you will STAY shut down no matter how you try to claw your way up. He has no real way to bounce back. If a Fiddlesticks is shut down early on in laning phase, he's a joke mid-game onward. He's either good or bad, I feel Xerath is the same. I have yet to see a Xerath be shut down early game and be a deciding factor going into late game.
I dont think so. Not to far into the game, he can farm minions very well. Two of his Q's will do it for a whole line. So in a way, itll take some skill to farm without being caught out. And also it takes skill to NOT be shut down early game anyways. Get clarity, and poke away.

SethCypher

05-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owen Balfe View Post
Get clarity, and poke away.
I don't think I've seen anyone in high elo even consider clarity.

Quote:
I dont think so. Not to far into the game, he can farm minions very well. Two of his Q's will do it for a whole line. So in a way, itll take some skill to farm without being caught out. And also it takes skill to NOT be shut down early game anyways
This can be said for alot of champions though. At some point in the game they WILL be able to farm a wave quite easily. A shut down Xerath will be incredibly slow at farming though.

Death Zed

05-15-2013

What if it's just a visual update?

Just Hano

05-16-2013

No please no.. he's fine

12345 ... 9