Cannot connect to the PVP.Net server

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ampharel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-29-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ampharel View Post
Ok, this might sound a little weird... but i'm starting to get the idea im not able to log in in the morning, but i am during the night. I'll try this a few times to confirm this (i did not yet, its just a idea). I'm in the GMT+1 time zone, are you doing anything special then?
Disregard this, I could not login yesterday, for the entire day.

Ampharel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-01-2010

Ok, so i guess this means I wont get any help. With that I'll have to stop playing LoL, to bad... I really liked the game.

See you guys around.

Jozrael

QA Analyst

Follow Jozrael on Twitter

01-01-2010
2 of 4 Riot Posts

Huge apologies for the lack of response here; I'm not sure if you've seen my other posts but H&S has been severely understaffed as of late. The volunteers have been busy offline and the Riot members swamped with work. We're going to be doing our best to get on top of this forum as the new year rolls around. I will be sending a list of priority topics to Riot at the end of today; this one will definitely be included.

Sorry that you haven't received help for several weeks. If I find any information today that is relevant here I will post back immediately.

EDIT: Looking at your Netalyzer, I would recommend first changing the computer clock. For some reason LoL is very finicky with the clock settings. Otherwise you've got a perfect connection it seems :\. Post a DxDiag just so I have some more information to work with, although I'm not sure it's at all relevant to your problem.

Ampharel

01-01-2010

Well it doesnt really bother me that I didnt get any feedback, but all I asked for was for a quick reply to just know that you guys are working on it. I guess I got that now.

About the clock... I'll change it but i really don't think thats the problem. Since its random if i can login or not. (I'm guessing i can login for about 5-10% of the time)

I added the dx-diag but I don't think my specs would be to low, since this is a new lapotp...

Ah well, hope this helps you guys
And thanks for the reply. (better late then never)

Jesse Perring

NOC Technician

01-02-2010
3 of 4 Riot Posts

Ampharel, make sure you have access to the required ports at all times. It seems unlikely that you'd have blocked ports 90% of the time, but connection issues like these are always related to internet security in some way. This means firewalls, anti-virus programs, or restrictions set by your network administrator could all be preventing you from connecting.

Required ports:
http://kb.leagueoflegends.com/questi...+Network+Ports

The other possibility is that the connection to PVP.net is timing out before you even get in. I would expect you to get significant delay when trying to connect to other US based servers if that was the case. You may be more like to be able to play on our European servers instead.

The European signup and download website:
http://www.lol-europe.com/

Antimodus

01-02-2010

I have exactly the same problem. I was able to play this game yesterday with the exact same network settings, equipment, firewall, computer etc. It failed throughout most of the day, but it somehow managed to connect in 10-11 PM all of a sudden, kept working for a while, and I played a few games.

Today, I tried many times and it failed.
To a first approximation, it seems the servers are inaccessible to me at least 90% of the time, which is unplayable (a shame, since this seems like a fun game).

Firewall policies will either allow traffic from X to Y on port Z or they don't. If something like that was the problem, my login attempts would fail 100% of the time.

Packet loss can't be the problem (if login attempts fail to connect every single time, yet I am able browse and play other multiplayer games with no lag for hours on end, my connection isn't bad. It's also not latency. We're talking about a login process here. very little data is exchanged, and timeouts are huge. Even with 2 seconds latency on a 14400 modem it would work.

When I look up traffic to the server during one of these failures I see TCP keeps trying to retransmit packets and failing with ICMP: destination unreachable (host administratively prohibited).

I notified the ISP about this but they haven't really come up with anything. I've just about run out of ideas, other than switch ISP and pray it would work. The hassle isn't worth it though.

Ampharel

01-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Perring View Post
Ampharel, make sure you have access to the required ports at all times. It seems unlikely that you'd have blocked ports 90% of the time, but connection issues like these are always related to internet security in some way. This means firewalls, anti-virus programs, or restrictions set by your network administrator could all be preventing you from connecting.

Required ports:
http://kb.leagueoflegends.com/questi...+Network+Ports

The other possibility is that the connection to PVP.net is timing out before you even get in. I would expect you to get significant delay when trying to connect to other US based servers if that was the case. You may be more like to be able to play on our European servers instead.

The European signup and download website:
http://www.lol-europe.com/
I know this as i said in the first post. and I've got my ports open. BUT:
Im at a friend's house right know, meaning I do NOT have my ports open, although i was able to login. So those ports don't actually do the trick...

For the rest, as i can open my own ports and change everything, because i am the network administrator. And for the firewall: i tried with both turned off and with the LoL in the exception.

Ampharel

01-07-2010

Ok, this is going to sound stupid. But i think i've fixed it...

I changed the compatibility from xp to 98, then back to xp and now the problems are all gone... I really dont get what the compatibility has to do with the login error but ah well. Its working.

Thanks for trying to help...

llvengancell

01-08-2010

i have the same error poping up just before i get a accept certificate box i hit yes and installed the ticket but it still says unable to connect to pvp server here is my info from the diagnostics website

http://n1.netalyzr.icsi.berkeley.edu...2bde-4a81-bf02

Sionnix

01-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ampharel View Post
Ok, this is going to sound stupid. But i think i've fixed it...

I changed the compatibility from xp to 98, then back to xp and now the problems are all gone... I really dont get what the compatibility has to do with the login error but ah well. Its working.

Thanks for trying to help...
You wanna tell me how to change the compatibility?
If it worked for yous, i wanna see if it works for mine.

This error has been going on after i got my computer fixed because it broke down
Frikkin pissing me off.
Couldnt play for days and it was winter break with nothing to do.
I went outside but all my friends were at vacation
so bored.

Please one of the staffs help me with this....