Post-apocalyptic League of Legends Setting…

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mutterscrawl

05-14-2013

The League falls apart DOOM COMES TO THE WORLD!

Freljord: Ruled by Lissandra and the Watchers after Lissandra slew Ashe at the howling Abyss, Tryndamere took charge of Avarosa in her stead but was slowly pushed back, even after an informal alliance with the Winter’s Claw. Attempts to flee to the south around and into Demacia only result in further conflict, and only an appearance by Aatrox the Darkin allows the Barbrians to survive… but at a severe cost.

Demacia: Northern chunk ruled by the Watchers but for the most part destroyed, bands of barbarians loosely ruled by “Demonblade” Tryndamere, Olaf and Sejuani control it after the Winter’s Claw and Avarosan were forced to flee south following Ashe’s death at Lissandra’s hands.

Zaun: Run by Viktor and in the midst of the ‘Glorious Evolution’, the place has a degree of stability but is also regularly forcing people to ‘upgrade’. It’s one of the only roadblocks keeping the Frost Watchers from pushing south.

Piltover: Gone, crushed by the Frost Watchers in a shockingly fast and brutal assault, most inhabitants fled to Zaun or Bandle City, a few converted to Iceborn to survive and have been responsible for the increased use of Techmaturgy amidst their armies.

Howling Marsh: Gone, evaporated by Brand and a number of other champions originally intended to oppose the Frost Watchers under the League’s control. Something went wrong and they slaughtered the summoners meant to control them. Nowadays the area is a series of lava pits from which Brand launches attacks at the Frost Watchers.

Noxus: Still ruled by Swain, and allied with New Zaun under Viktor, but also with a lot of Shadow Isles influence through Elise. Surprisingly a few former Demacians have come here since it’s now the LEAST crazy place in Valoran, one of the more stable, and one of the only military powers working to keep people alive, at least on the surface. Monstrous creatures attack from the south and the sea but for the most part the nation is secure.

Ionia: Ruled by Syndra with Zed as her second in command, many Ionian champions have been altered as a result of Syndra weaponizing the corruption Varus uses which allowed her to change the minds of many individuals and leaders who opposed her in the past, the country is currently staving off a mix of void creatures and undersea horrors, but is planning an invasion of Noxus as well.

Bilgewater: the main island has erupted destroying most of the settlements upon it and leaving it nearly uninhabitable due to the unnatural blue flame pervading the area, while the remaining outcroppings are under near constant assault from sea monsters and void creatures.

Icathia: Filled with Void cultists and constantly pouring out powerful void creatures, Malzahar is in frequent communication with his dark masters and attempts to speed the consumption of the world.

Mogron Pass: The Grey Order, bolstered by Kassadin and his Preservers, attempt to keep the void’s northern push isolated, with the only other break in the great barrier blocked by Noxus, so long as the Pass is held, there is hope.

Mount Targon: The Rakkor of mount targon consider the void creatures flooding the great barrier the ultimate challenge and regularly fight them in swarms, occasionally even deigning (under pressure from Leona usually) to aid the forces at Mogron pass occasionally, though some individuals are unsettled by the void creatures and have turned to the emerging Lunari cult…

Urtistan: After Piltover’s destruction Zilean returned to his home which has remained largely unchanged even with the numerous disasters that have struck the world. No one’s heard from him in ages though…

Shurima: The Grey order and preservers regularly make forays into the region to recover magical artifacts, but the land is also filled with hungry void creatures. Nasus attempts to keep the area’s relatively clear and fights the cultists when he can but every day he must cede a bit more territory to the void infestation blanketing the land.

Kumungu and Plague Jungles: Zyra returned to this area after the destruction of the institute of war, but has otherwise not reppeared, and the region is quiet.

Bandle City: The only remotely happy place left on Valoran. HEE HEE, HOO HOO. WHY YES EVERYTHING IS JUST FINE. WHY DO YOU ASK? (no really it’s creepy happy here now, the Yordles are trying to act like the world’s not ending even while void creatures and sea monsters and random disappearances plague their lands).

Ask Tyrant Swain

05-14-2013

((I can confirm that Noxus is indeed the best place to be at the moment))

Leo the yordle

05-14-2013

((What? The world's ending? Nonsense! Everything is fiine. Here! Want a cupcake?))

Mutterscrawl

05-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo the yordle View Post
((What? The world's ending? Nonsense! Everything is fiine. Here! Want a cupcake?))
((It's an AU idea basically *devours the cupcake*))

AskTheIceWitch

05-14-2013

((I..

I think I like this.

I approve.))

Mutterscrawl

05-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AskTheIceWitch View Post
((I..

I think I like this.

I approve.))
((What do you think of a sappy bit where you take Ashe's body and have the Watchers turn it into an Iceborn but since she was dead beforehand she's basically a mindless drone that can only follow orders and is terrible conversation but you keep her around anyway because she reminds you of the good times with Avarosa?))

makmix

05-14-2013

(( Well, damn.... I guess Mack had to go to Zaun and help Viktor out... At least he had cannons thanks to Ziggs.... Augustus and Maya.... Where would they be.... I think they would be with Olaf, Sej, and Tryn.... At least I have my daughter... ))

Ask the String

05-14-2013

((And where's Sona in the mess? Even a chaotic world needs music.))

Leo the yordle

05-14-2013

((Leo decided to go to Bandle City, luckily passing up the chance to go back to Demacia to defend his house or some other heroic nonsense.

All the cool people went to Bandle City anyway.))

The Rumble

05-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post

Bandle City: The only remotely happy place left on Valoran. HEE HEE, HOO HOO. WHY YES EVERYTHING IS JUST FINE. WHY DO YOU ASK? (no really it’s creepy happy here now, the Yordles are trying to act like the world’s not ending even while void creatures and sea monsters and random disappearances plague their lands).
((YOU UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF THE YORDLES!!!

However if the leagues falls that is what whould happen:

Piltover was destroyed, Bandle is now one of the most powerful city-states. Veigar rules Bandle City with the help of Wicked Lulu using an army of crazy evil glade yordles. The yordle army has Glade-Dragons and Mega-robots. All the yordles have magical powers and fae companions. The forest arround Bandle are infected by evilglademushroms that are 300% more powerful than the mushroms of Teemo.

By the way, Teemo was killed by Veigar.))