Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

"Battle for Freljord" Hidden Quest

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Anketh

05-14-2013

As many of you probably know by now, having one of the Freljord leaders on each team has the potential to activate a mini-quest called "Battle for Freljord" in which it encourages you to kill the opposing leader. The details are listed here:
http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wik...e_for_Freljord (http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Battle_for_Freljord)

What's not listen there is that when you win, there is a statistical bonus involved. Last ARAM, I was Ashe against Lissandra, and when that quest came up, I made sure to blow everything to get it. It took a long time, but I managed to figure out what it did:

If Ashe wins the Battle for Freljord, the minimum bonus on her Focus passive is set to 55

That means that she permanently gains +55 critical chance, which is ridiculously powerful. I would encourage everyone to start looking closely for Sejuani's and Lissandra's bonuses.

Fire Lord Iroh

05-14-2013

Quote:
Anketh:
As many of you probably know by now, having one of the Freljord leaders on each team has the potential to activate a mini-quest called "Battle for Freljord" in which it encourages you to kill the opposing leader. The details are listed here:
http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wik...e_for_Freljord (http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Battle_for_Freljord)

What's not listen there is that when you win, there is a statistical bonus involved. Last ARAM, I was Ashe against Lissandra, and when that quest came up, I made sure to blow everything to get it. It took a long time, but I managed to figure out what it did:

If Ashe wins the Battle for Freljord, the minimum bonus on her Focus passive is set to 55

That means that she permanently gains +55 critical chance, which is ridiculously powerful. I would encourage everyone to start looking closely for Sejuani's and Lissandra's bonuses.

You had both IE and PD. IE + PD = 55% crit chance...

Don't you look silly now?

Deafiler

05-14-2013

Assuming it was the game you played 10 minutes ago, you do realize that IE gives 25% crit chance and PD gives 30%, right? Her passive icon shows what her current crit chance is, not the bonus the passive gives.

QuinnTessential

Recruiter

05-14-2013

According to Lolking, while playing that game, you had a phantom dancer and an infinity edge in your inventory.

Phantom Dancer gives 30% critical strike chance, Infinity Edge gives 25% critical strike chance.

30 + 25 = ......

Anketh

05-14-2013

Quote:
Lord Housewife:
You had both IE and PD. IE + PD = 55% crit chance...

Don't you look silly now?

No, I don't, because I wasn't looking at my net crit chance. I was looking at the indicator for her passive, the one that goes away with her first attack. It kept going up, but after each attack it went down to 55 instead of zero. The only ridiculousness I feel is not having had a LoL replay of it.

Edit: Really? They changed the passive indicator to reveal total crit chance? In that case, my face is indeed quite red. Whenever did that change go through, for I clearly failed to notice it.

TheScholarlyDude

05-14-2013

Guys stop... he blew everything including common sense to win the battle.

Koraq

05-14-2013

Quote:
Anketh:
No, I don't, because I wasn't looking at my net crit chance. I was looking at the indicator for her passive, the one that goes away with her first attack. It kept going up, but after each attack it went down to 55 instead of zero. The only ridiculousness I feel is not having had a LoL replay of it.

Edit: Really? They changed the passive indicator to reveal total crit chance? In that case, my face is indeed quite red. Whenever did that change go through, for I clearly failed to notice it.

Honest mistake.

To be honest, I didn't realize it worked that way either until just now. I figured her passive indicator would only indicate... y'know... her passive.

Learn something new every day.

Senor Jerkz

05-15-2013

you get a crown on your head enjoy the buff XD