Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Fighting Nid support?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ScionoftheSnows

05-14-2013

She's like the one support I dread facing - I can't ever seem to come up with an effective way to deal with her, especially when I'm the opposing support.

Are there good counterpicks, or any tactics a person would suggest for dealing with her? Or do you just ignore it and hope for the best?

Nid is the one support that gives me issues - I can deal with any other relatively well.

Sephïroth

05-14-2013

Ward the bush.

No really, Ward it, Pink ward their pink ward if they do. If you see her spear coming it is not scary.

Stay behind minions, burst her ass. Shes' super squishy even for a support. If she gets out of position, which she will because she's trying to poke, make her pay.

AndrewRogue

05-14-2013

I'd also say she is a decent case for arguing "just murder the carry."

Yes, Nidalee burst spear is scary.

But if you're a Leona and you jump on their carry? She can't really do anything to peel and it becomes a race to see who dies first.

Z The Slayer

05-14-2013

Nid only works with certain ADCs, because she only has one spell that doesn't rely on AP, and that's her trap. As a result, she needs to stay aggressive and build AP to stay in the game. ADCs she works well with need to have extremely high range and be just as aggressive as her. Caitlyn, Varus or Draven are all good examples.

Nid has problems against champs who are more mobile than her. Leona was mentioned in the last post, and she's a perfect example.

You just have to maintain aggression. If she really becomes a problem then push to her tower. She'll not be able to do anything but heal, which is very inefficient.

LarcyBrown

05-14-2013

pick soraka, rush aegis, there problem solved.

YoLittleSister

05-14-2013

Quote:
ScionoftheSnows:
She's like the one support I dread facing - I can't ever seem to come up with an effective way to deal with her, especially when I'm the opposing support.

Are there good counterpicks, or any tactics a person would suggest for dealing with her? Or do you just ignore it and hope for the best?

Nid is the one support that gives me issues - I can deal with any other relatively well.

I play nid support, supports I hate are:
Soraka - early game she doesn't heal much so it's alright, but around lvl 6 (when I first go back to buy) soraka heals so much it isn't even funny anymore.

Sona- same reason sona heals, also does more damage to my adc, so I have to spend more mana healing my adc than spamming spears.

Taric- heals, tanky, stuns, omg just die taric

Thresh/Leona - tooooooo tanky!

ADC I hate:
Sivir - that spell shield is so evil

Draven- ofc people who play draven have so much practice running to certain areas while csing, they dodge spears like they do their q thing

In general, it's easy to counter Nidalee, counter picks her, and always always hide behind the minons. Don't stay in the bush cuz you think she can't see you, I check bushes with spears and traps. Warding isn't even required except for the river bush if you are on the purple side. And I think it's a lot easier for Nid's to aim if they are on the blue side.

YoLittleSister

05-14-2013

Quote:
YoLittleSister:
I play nid support, supports I hate are:
Soraka - early game she doesn't heal much so it's alright, but around lvl 6 (when I first go back to buy) soraka heals so much it isn't even funny anymore.

Sona- same reason sona heals, also does more damage to my adc, so I have to spend more mana healing my adc than spamming spears.

Taric- heals, tanky, stuns, omg just die taric

Thresh/Leona - tooooooo tanky!

ADC I hate:
Sivir - that spell shield is so evil

Draven- ofc people who play draven have so much practice running to certain areas while csing, they dodge spears like they do their q thing

In general, it's easy to counter Nidalee, counter picks her, and always always hide behind the minons. Don't stay in the bush cuz you think she can't see you, I check bushes with spears and traps. Warding isn't even required except for the river bush if you are on the purple side. And I think it's a lot easier for Nid's to aim if they are on the blue side.

ANOTHER IMPORTANT NOTE:
When you hide behind minions, make you are like in the middle too, (like wrapped by minions) Because a lot of times when my enemies stay behind the minions, but on the edge of the minion wall, I can just spear at the edge of the minion wall and hit the champ not the minion. It's tricky but doable

Also please don't be a too good support, Nidalee is my only fun when forced to play support