Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Do Mobafire Guides work in Twisted Treeline? (Teemo)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zenlighten

05-14-2013

So I was recently turned on to Teemo. But I see a lot of differing strategies.

The top rated guide on Mobafire focuses on Attack Speed and Ability Power. I haven't tried it in 5's because I pretty much only play 3's but I went on a 7 game losing streak yesterday using that build. I don't know if I got really unlucky or if I'm playing teemo too aggressively or what.

My question is, instead of building the attack speed and ability power hybrid for farming, should I just focus mostly on ability power (aside from the hurricane for the 3 hit thing) in twisted treeline?

Example Build

Mobafire: Boots, Doran's Blade, Hurricane, Malady, Nashors Tooth, Witchcap, Rylai's Scepter

(PS When should I upgrade boots? First?)

My Idea: Boots, Dorans, Hurricane, Blackfire Torch, Witchcap, Malady, Rylai's Scepter

(Again, when should boots be upgraded)

Anyways, which of the two builds above should work better in 3's and why?

And can anyone vouch for the Mobafire guide build in 5's?

Thanks!!

Sephïroth

05-14-2013

Guides are really kind of just an idea of what works with a champion anyhow. Even the all inclusive guides, generally are just guidelines. They don't prepare you for what to do in the actual situation.

I don't know what guide you are looking at from Mobafire, but on no champion is it okay to rush Hurricane.

If you're going to go Attack Speed Teemo, I would build a Hurricane after you have some Damage built in.

Items for Attack Speed Teemo: Blade of The Ruined King(Helps his sustain tons, and does a lot of damage), Malady, Nashor's Tooth, Wit's End, Deathcap, Hurricane(3rd item is fine, I normally build it fourth honestly.).

Boots are situational. If they have a lot of hard CC, get Merc Treads, if they have a lot of slows, get boots of Siftness, any other time you will want Sorceress boots for the Magic Pen.

Zenlighten

05-14-2013

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/teemo-ap-yordle-of-doom-s3-updated-209977

It says that you rush hurricane for the 3 hit farming potential, (this is after you buy boots).

Quick follow up questions.

When should you upgrade boots? First time back, before any other items?

Why is it not ok to rush hurricane?

After looking at the guide I posted the link to, do you still think it's bad to rush hurricane?

Scorpious1109

05-14-2013

I thought Nashor's Tooth was acutally a subpar item on Teemo for some reason?

Also, I'd recommend this guide: http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=7982-nsage-teemo-build-guide