Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Blue Ezreal

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Whooshimaninja

05-14-2013

Quote:
JohnCobra:
excuse me Whoos, I don't understand ''rest of GD''
Yeah. Im so dissapointed in these forums right now.

There is usually a "FKN BLUE EZ" post on the front page for hours and hours and hours.

Cmon GD. Step up your game.

JohnCobra

05-14-2013

Thx for all your post guys, you make me see im not that bad at the game, you confirm my thought and making me think differently bout the strength of the build erly game, wich I thought wasn't very useful.

ByePas, I really keep your comment in mind, im still trying hard to get out of bronze, maybe im not ready yet (jumped recently ton bronze I, downgraded to II after one loss). Bronze tier solo or even duo queue IS NOT the place to set specific strategies... you sadly want full engagement brawl champ since people don't understand the word disengage or the word poke.

Conclusion, I can't wait to try it, but if I play ez I will go classic until i have my team or move at least on silver(maybe silver).

This thread is on my favorites pages, i keep it

thx

JohnCobra

05-14-2013

i meant, the 2 letter meaning, what is ''G'' ''D''? Go dodgers? :P

Docta Grim

05-14-2013

How to beat blue ezreal:

I am a crab.jpg

Gigahappytown

05-14-2013

Anyone who builds that is a feeder
Its ment for kiting teams that have no gapclosers or grabs and if your not fed.

JohnCobra

05-14-2013

funny Docta :P

Whooshimaninja

05-14-2013

Quote:
JohnCobra:
i meant, the 2 letter meaning, what is ''G'' ''D''? Go dodgers? :P

....General Discussion?

Surely you could draw the connection there o.O

JohnCobra

05-14-2013

thanks for the answer, but its no place to be mean bcuz you don't understand all the acronym and league of legend language... if you don't understand BT, does it really mean you don't know what a Blood thirster?

Are you really dumb bcuz you don't know BT? Are you so dman really smarter bcuz you know it and you can permit yourself insulting for this?
Well, the answer is in the question

EasymodeX

05-14-2013

Ugh, some bad misinformation here.

Couple comments:

1. Blue Ez isn't just for a poke comp. It's for a "ADC doesn't need any peeling / babysitting" comp, especially when "my entire team wants to build damage threats and can't actually tank for me". In other words, if the ADC player is competent, then they don't need to rely on the team for peels or a well-positioned teamfight.

2. It's also particularly good against non-teleport bruisers. E.g. a Garen, Nasus, Rammus, Volibear. It basically hardcounters those.

3. Blue Ez does not actually have notably less damage in "midgame". On a gold-per-gold basis, the build matches a normal build until the "normal" (IE-centric) build hits 8k/12k gold depending on what champ.

4. Blue Ez builds offers superior map control -- especially for yoloqueue -- because you can Trueshot all the damn time across the map to push creeps / defend towers.

5. Blue Ez tends to be better than normal Ez for actual teamfighting due to the near-permanent availability of TSB. If you watch Ez games in the LCS for example, normal Ez builds will be missing TSB fairly often for team fights. Blue Ez? Not so much.

6. DON'T BUILD VAMP SCEPTER. Seriously, you're making the damage of the build lag hardcore by building 2 power drags: Tear and Vamp.

Against a weaker lane, you want to beeline the SOTEL and start with the bead/charm. Against a stronger lane where you may need to fight harder, get a Doran's Blade.

Either way, you should use Lifesteal Quints, because you really need to sustain straight to the SOTEL. You don't have to get the $ by first back, but the intent is that you need to hardcore ricefarm until you get it. Blue Ez hits early game item thresholds very fast -- and the faster you hit those thresholds, the better off you'll be in creating a further gap with your opponent.

The Vamp Scepter is an 800gold sustain sink that literally delays you from becoming strong. The Tear is a necessary sacrifice, but you should avoid the VS.

The build should look like:

SOTEL -> Tear -> Sheen -> IBG/Manamune/CDRboots -> LW -> BOTRK.

Your aim should be the first 3 items by the end of laning phase. With a SOTEL and Tear, you should have nearly infinite mana.

The real divergence / issue with the Vamp Scepter is at the third item. If you build a Vamp Scepter, you COULD have had a Sheen, which adds a ton of damage when you get it. That point in the game is also typically when you really get into the 3v3-5v5 fights, where you actually need some notable damage output.

SOTEL + Tear + Sheen is a similar $ threshold to an IE. A fast SOTEL will typically allow you to bully your lane enough to get that gold advantage.

Mechanically, the blue build is pretty obvious -- on-hit effects and CDR for Ezreal QQQQ. Tactically, it's also pretty obvious -- Arcane Shift forever, poke forever, stay safe forever, never die, huehue.

What most people miss is the strategic value of the build. The real issue is that Ez can hit those items thresholds very quickly and start to bully his opponents while they are in the middle of items, before they can finish what they need to in order to fight back. This carries over into the team fight -- with a SOTEL and Sheen, his poke is Nidalee-level poke at that early teamfight. And it costs 28 mana on a 4s cooldown.

The one weakness of the build is if your teammates feed the enemy. Item slot for item slot, a tradition IE/PD type of build will out-damage 2k gold items like the SOTEL. If the enemy is finishing off bigger items because your team is feeding, this build will fall behind. Same as any other build tbh. The only real limit becomes the item slots -- a 6-item normal build will clearly out-damage a 6-item Blue build, and it will be reduced to poke/kite.

Nabonidus

05-14-2013

Speaking as an Ez player, yes. But there are 2 factors to consider: farm and team comp. 1: Can you farm well? Like fast enough to have SotEL, mana mine, and frostborn finished before 25? 2: Does your team have a hard carrying bruiser like Jax/Hecarim to pick up the DPS late game?

If the answer to either of those is no, stick with old fashioned carry Ez. If the answer to both is yes, then Blue Ez will serve you well.