Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Rengar Jungle

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xXMizuXx

05-13-2013

just looking for some tips for Rengar in the jungle, been wanting to try him there for a while

Voyager

05-13-2013

Hi Mizu,

If you just want general tips on Rengar Jungling, I'd be glad to help you out.
First things first, play to to your champions strengths. When you start out jungling, focus on clearing camps as quick as you can so you can get to ganking asap. The down side to Rengar is that he is most powerful when he's level 6 (ie. has his ulti). But you can gank once you have your E, at level 3. The trick to ganking as Rengar is initiate when your ferocity is maxed up so you can either root (E) or seriously boost your damage and attack speed (Q). Also when ganking it is very good to abuse his ability to leap out of bushes.
When ganking at level 6 once again try and have full ferocity or nearly full (as always). And the process is pretty much the same.

If you are an accomplished jungler, then I would recommend getting some wards and counter-jungling. His ability to jump from bushes makes it easy to steal buffs and really hurt an enemy jungler in the middle of a camp.
Remember your main goal as a jungler is to help the lanes and induce fear in the enemy team that will make them second think running down your teammates or pushing the lane hard.

I really hope this helps you. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

It might not show on the forums, but I have been playing League of Legends for a long time.

TheOneMillion

05-13-2013

Quote:
Voyager:
Hi Mizu,

If you just want general tips on Rengar Jungling, I'd be glad to help you out.
First things first, play to to your champions strengths. When you start out jungling, focus on clearing camps as quick as you can so you can get to ganking asap. The down side to Rengar is that he is most powerful when he's level 6 (ie. has his ulti). But you can gank once you have your E, at level 3. The trick to ganking as Rengar is initiate when your ferocity is maxed up so you can either root (E) or seriously boost your damage and attack speed (Q). Also when ganking it is very good to abuse his ability to leap out of bushes.
When ganking at level 6 once again try and have full ferocity or nearly full (as always). And the process is pretty much the same.

If you are an accomplished jungler, then I would recommend getting some wards and counter-jungling. His ability to jump from bushes makes it easy to steal buffs and really hurt an enemy jungler in the middle of a camp.
Remember your main goal as a jungler is to help the lanes and induce fear in the enemy team that will make them second think running down your teammates or pushing the lane hard.

I really hope this helps you. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

It might not show on the forums, but I have been playing League of Legends for a long time.

I would think ganking with 4 ferocity instead of 5 would be better, so you can normal E, and then decide if you need the extra root or burst with your now 5 ferocity.

xXMizuXx

05-13-2013

tyvm for your help, would maxing W then Q be my main priority or W then E?

Voyager

05-13-2013

TheOne has a point, I forgot to say something about that. I would probably max Q then E. Because most of your strengths lie in your initial burst. The W is mostly just a survivability thing for after you put our your insane damage.