Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Blue Ezreal? You mean Yellow Varus!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OriginalJack

05-13-2013

This is basically AP Varus...

AP Varus fails because while 100 AP gets you 25 damage on your auto attack (not taking into account resists)100 AD gets you 100 dmg on your auto attack. Yes, his ult has a nice AP ratio but his Q and E have AD ratios and have much shorter cooldown so you will actually get more out of AD because in the time you could have cast 1 R you could have cast 9 E's.

Also Archangel's... really? Setting aside the fact that you don't have a way to charge it quickly Varus doesn't need a lot of mana you just need to not be bad.

Sephïroth

05-13-2013

He's newly level 30, I don't think he's trolling I think he actually thinks this build is viable. I'm trying to help him.

Nasus AU

05-13-2013

This is half a troll/half for funnies.

If I was playing a real AP Varus I would have a different build for sure, but I wanted to see how far I could push a color limitation on items and yet still have a build that could deal more than 2 damage per second.

While this is not an ideal build (no **** sherlock) it actually would work fairly well as an AP Varus, there are better builds no doubt, but I've seen far far worse builds do alright.

You're very quick to assume, and also very stubborn when it comes to at least entertaining new ideas.
I fear for you if the meta game ever changes so much that jungle Eve isn't viable.

iP1ayJarvan

05-13-2013

i've done pure ap varus and it was fun. malady+nashors, then standard apc items. i remember nuking a full build renekton bot from 100 to 0. in the normal i tried it, ended up 17/9. not too bad i think

Nasus AU

05-13-2013

Quote:
iP1ayJarvan:
i've done pure ap varus and it was fun. malady+nashors, then standard apc items. i remember nuking a full build renekton bot from 100 to 0. in the normal i tried it, ended up 17/9. not too bad i think

Because runaans stacks blights it's worth getting that, plus Guinsoo's grants a nice amount of spell vamp and lifesteal (when you go below 50% hp) so that's why I like that item on AP Varus.

Malady is alright, but if I was building a proper AP Varus I wouldn't have it in my build.

Guinsoo's Rageblade
Ionian Boots of Lucidity
Runaan's Hurricane
Nashor's Tooth
Athene's Unholy Grail
Liandrya's Torment

Is what I would build if I wasn't trying to stick within color requirements.

Nasus AU

05-13-2013

Quote:
Narei:
He's just trolling. 'Yellow Varus' in response to the suddenly popular 'Blue Ezreal' build.

You could at least have made it a Red Varus. You know, bloodthirsters, phantom dancers, black cleavers?

That would have been boring though.