Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Amumu or Udyr?

Amumu 20 74.07%
Udyr 7 25.93%
Voters 27 .

Should I Amumu or Udyr jungle?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

A Big Damn Hero

05-11-2013

Who's a better jungler?

Pianoasis

05-11-2013

This is kind of retarded. You didn't give us any information on what team you're building with you just want us to form an opinion for you.

A Big Damn Hero

05-11-2013

Just overall dude -_-

Entertaining

Recruiter

05-11-2013

I prefer amumu. very tank and good CC.

A Big Damn Hero

05-11-2013

More opinions please?

Jesot

05-11-2013

Amumu is always banned, so if you want to play ranked, I don't see the point in learning him. I have never used Amumu.

Zerglinglol

05-11-2013

Udyr has been my favorite jungler for a few weeks now. I've bought/tried a lot of junglers also haha, but Udyr's utility just wins out for me. I know Amumu has crazy high ban rate and is supposedly OP because of his ulti, but outside of his ulti Udyr is better in every other way.

Reasons I love Udyr:
-The shapeshift sound! strike fear in your opponents before they even see you
-phoenix stance awesome for jungle clear and aoe dmg in team fights
-turtle stance---awesome tankiness, can absorb a LOT of dmg, great for taking turret hits, etc
-bear stance--free stun and speed burst every 6 seconds. Soooo awesome!

I just recently tried Amumu and idk, he just didn't have the fun factor Udyr has for me. Maybe it's just preference because Amumu is one of the most popular and banned junlgers so I'm sure he's "technically" better, but Udyr is hella fun. You have awesome speed and tankiness so you can pretty much get in and out of every fight much faster than most champs.

**The only thing I'd say negative about Udyr is he's somewhat mana reliant. I always give away all the blue buffs after the first one, but you definitely need some mana regen on your gear. I usually go philo+spirit stone and let the philo cook the whole game, but if I'm not giving away blue's I skip the philo for earlier boot upgrade.

Kuusou

Recruiter

05-11-2013

Quote:
Jesot:
Amumu is always banned, so if you want to play ranked, I don't see the point in learning him. I have never used Amumu.

Amumu is never banned once you hit Gold-Plat or so. In bronze or so, he's banned basically every match.

He's a great champion to learn because he's a relatively easy jungler (just cry on sht and throw tantrums), plus has a very good ult for teamfights.

Udyr is a bit harder to master due to the way you use his stances, but he's great with early-game ganks and has a good clear time.

To be honest Amumu is a better jungler late-game, Udyr is better earlier.

Sparkling Jarate

05-11-2013

Udyr overall is better. As a jungler, you want to some sort of early game dominance in some aspect. Udyr can counter-jungle very well and is almost untouchable in an early duel, in particular levels 4-5.

Since the Sejuani rework, along with his recent nerfs to his Q and Ulti range, Amumu is pretty much obsolete right now. His ulti just can't compare with Sej's, which is a stun (not a snare like Amumu's) and can be cast at range.

A Big Damn Hero

05-11-2013

Quote:
HeavyOnBonk:
Udyr overall is better. As a jungler, you want to some sort of early game dominance in some aspect. Udyr can counter-jungle very well and is almost untouchable in an early duel, in particular levels 4-5.

Since the Sejuani rework, along with his recent nerfs to his Q and Ulti range, Amumu is pretty much obsolete right now. His ulti just can't compare with Sej's, which is a stun (not a snare like Amumu's) and can be cast at range.

Okay, I might buy Udyr