Why Teemo is a terrible champion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheHawkbat

05-11-2013

To Riot: There is a reason everyone hates Teemo and the people that play him only do so to annoy the hell out of their teammates and opponents. It's called bad design and anti-fun mechanics.

Let's start with his passive, the lesser evil of his kit. It makes Teemo turn invisible whenever he doesn't move for some time. To use it best, you have to stay at the same place for a loooong time. It greatly encourages camping and waiting for low-hp enemies to walk along, which is
a) not fair for your enemies, because it has little counterplay and
b) bad for your allies, because any effort to help them in a fight will make all the time you waited just worthless.

The big broken thing about Teemo that makes him the worst designed hero in MOBA-history is actually his ulti. It allows him to place invisible mines that reveal you, slow you, and in case of AP Teemo also do 50% of your max hp damage as poison. And not just one or two, but thousands of them!
There is a reason many organizations want to ban landmines in real life: They are the most unfair, inhuman and undignified tool of warfare.
Other champions' traps reveal you and do a small amount of damage, but Teemo got all disturbing effects in the game (stealth, hard cc [yeah, that slow is huge] and poison) put together in one shroom.
Teemo doesn't need to work with his team, and when his mines are placed, he doesn't need to move at all - making him the most toxic champion currently in the game.
The only reason his ult makes him not totally overpowered is the rest of his kit, which is pretty useless against enemies which are not surprised by his passive or affected by his mushrooms.

Teemo is the most broken Hero in the game. He needs a rework more than Heimerdinger and Sion do. The only reason I can imagine for Riot not to change him or delete him completely is that they want the money of all these trolls and toxic people that play this champ.
If you can't rework him, I just got one request: Nerf him to the place where he belongs: down to hell!

Calderweiss

05-11-2013

I have never had one shroom do 50% max hp. Lol

Memorylame

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-11-2013

posting in a nerf Teemo thread..

Harry W

05-11-2013

I think threads like this should be considered; just because it's a nerf teemo, doesn't mean that this guy doesn't have a valid point.

Jenvas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-11-2013

there are several of the older champs that just have a bad kit, something that wouldnt be made today, either cause its stupid or cause you cant balance it.
teemo is certainly one of those cases, today his kit would probably have intressting mechanics instead of just being gameplaywise as boring as he is. I can really only see one source of fun from playing him, and that only works if you enjoy to troll.

wobble in, poison, poison, poison, run away and hope they follow you through a field of landmines
if they do so ask them: "U mad bro?"

but teemo wont get a rework, he is played too often

Nick Crusaire

05-11-2013

delete teemo 2013

Bananoid

05-11-2013

i love to play teemo

pls delete

NannerNe

05-11-2013

Teemo gave me a funny look on the bus the other day.

NorDicUn

05-11-2013

lololo another teemo thread? aren't u guys tired about this shyt? teemo is really balanced imo, he doens't need buffs or nerfs, cus he's easy to kill

Paso

05-11-2013

Why Teemo is a terrible champion - Looks + voice + laugh . /thread?