Why league is more successful than Dota

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xkevinz

05-11-2013

Ive played dota

And i was raged at by a kid (on mic) for not placing a ward on 'high ground'

My first and last game.

StimPackTstAwwYa

05-11-2013

DoTA is a terrible game with over-complicated mechanics, stupid graphics and everything is more difficult or annoying or over powered than it should be. It's hard to learn, even harder to be good at and no one wants to learn it because it's stupid anyways.

League is noob friendly, easy to pick up for players new to MOBA's, looks much better...there's a lot of reasons why league is doing better.

Basically the definition of "over-hyped."

Fluffyknowsyou

05-11-2013

Oh yer talking about the game itself.

It feels like when I move my character up a ramp, he walk backwards. Overpowered pathing ftw

Wintydingus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MexicanKirby View Post
Dota does have a higher learning curve it's much harder but that doesn't explain why I have played about 15 matches of dota and every single one was a 4v5
Whenever I play a sub level 10 smurf account(in league), there's almost always disconnects. They often end up as like, 4v4 or even 3v4 because of it. I'm pretty sure this is related to what you are experiencing, not sure though.

Lord GiantR

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-11-2013

Both player bases are EQUALLY as bad. But in different ways.

The reason LoL is more popular is easy though. DotA 2 is a fairly new game(Note the 2) while LoL was F2P and gained a **** ton of populace for being the first of it's kind(HoN was p2p which ruined it). Riot was at the right place at the right time with a casual honest and fair F2P game. DotA 2 will have it's work cut out for it if it wants this kind of playerbase.

I've also seen some scorn for DotA in the comments. Don't be elitists. DotA is a great game even if its with a steeper learning curve.

Reynmaker

05-11-2013

No. League is free, Dota2 is not. the end.

MexicanKirby

05-11-2013

Dota is free the **** are you people talking about?

Perdoct

05-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by StimPackTstAwwYa View Post
DoTA is a terrible game with over-complicated mechanics, stupid graphics and everything is more difficult or annoying or over powered than it should be. It's hard to learn, even harder to be good at and no one wants to learn it because it's stupid anyways.

League is noob friendly, easy to pick up for players new to MOBA's, looks much better...there's a lot of reasons why league is doing better.

Basically the definition of "over-hyped."

Leagues not in beta > Dota 2 still is of course theres some balancing issues.

Those stupid over complicated mechanics make the game funner.

IMO both games are good, but you just sound like a lazy scrub you prolly suck as much at Dota as you do league.

eidelvais

05-11-2013

League of Legeneds, Rioters made a pact with the devil, they sold their souls for fame and money and they wanted LoL to be the ebst moba game in the world, thst why we see so many Iluminati simbols in LoL, DoTA did a small pact with the devil but not so good as Riot did...

Sames happened with World of Warcraft to be the best MMORPG in the world.

Holynova

05-11-2013

And that legendary lina set 45 dollars yea no thanks not even pfe