Q: AP or Damage Teemo?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Krald

12-10-2009

DPS absolutely is the better choice. No exceptions to this rule imo. However, Nashor's tooth is amazing on him no matter the build you choose.

mrb123

12-11-2009

anyone like the divine sword (+55% AS and every 4th attack does +100 dmg, cant remeber unique abililty)? seems like it would be a good bonus for teemo. I go for last whisper usually since i figure 40% armor penetration>+100magic damage.

any thoughts?

Barbedwire

12-11-2009

Wit's End is far superior to Sword of the Divine...as it's 40 unmitigated dmg on every hit compared to 100 magic dmg every 4 hit.
Maybe if you want to punish Jax/Katrina it might be worthwhile.

Xionis

12-11-2009

Hmm, haven't played Teemo in a while, though I had a few matches post patch so speaking from current data. Personally I love AP Teemo, grab about 600 AP and Lichbanes and suddenly your blind + auto attack becomes a 1.5kish burst nuke. Wait 3s and lay a shroom for another lichbane proc. But, AP teemo is a team player, soloing is not his game. You can be the most aggravating, annoying, pain the ass support that the other team rage focuses whenever you show up, so you need teammates who can protect and exploit your skills. AP Teemo sows confusion and anger, both of which cause enemies to make mistakes, use dart + lichbane attack on a caster, and they will panic when their hp drops like they just got faced by veigar's ult.

It's really about playstyle in the end. DPS Teemo is much more suited to "front line" duty (not tanking, but a more active role in showing up in team fights) while AP Teemo is the fker who sneaks around back and wtfpwns a caster mid fight then runs the enemy on a merry chase over 800+ dmg shrooms. Both builds are highly viable, especially if you can let go of that "MUST HAVE KILLS" temptation. Most of my games as AP Teemo I did not get a high kill count, but had the highest assist count by a factor of 3. Some people whine about not getting gold if you don't get kills, but if your smart about your farming/creeping/jungling, it's not a problem, especially if for every 1 kill a particular champ gets on your team, you get 2 assists. (I.e. you help yi kill someone, then scoot over a lane and help veigar kill someone, they've gotten 1 kill each, you got 2 assists.)

Make the enemy afraid to walk anywhere, make them check their own shadows for Teemo, and you'll have control of the field and the game.

Valthar

12-11-2009

AP teemo was the only character/build I would ever play for a long time. Alot of fun. I think riot is trying to kill him off though. I almost never see anyone going an AP build on him anymore, its always attackspeed/lifesteal.

Rather boring, was hoping teemo would be one of those characters you could really take either way.

ubertappa

12-18-2009

i like dps/lifesteal teemo best as i hate hanging back
you still need to be aware of ganks but 1v1 you can take most ppl out with good gear
plus i find mana a problem with teemo but when u do 2 attacks a second mana aint a big deal
also once u get malady you can solo the dragon which really helps the whole team plus as jungler you help your team lvl faster and u spam shrooms whenever its up making the whole jungle a massive trap
i usually get 3 boots (teemo loves speed for hit/run shots to harass)
madreds razors for gold farming
Malady
Bloodrazors (4% max health dmg really helps)
after these its fight dependent - wits end is good against nukers, cleaver for tanks, last whisper for mixed team

you are never going to have the kill lvls of say a good twitch but you will really hurt in team fights

Drakin

12-18-2009

personally i love AP teemo, i started with a self made AS build for him and was able to do some great damage and had a good kill/death ratio going but then i tried an AP build...... i was shocked how much better it was, my shrooms hit for ~1k and dart for 800ish. i think the main thing to what build you use is what ur play stile is. with my AP build i shroom the **** out of the map, make a silly 1v2 push and laugh as they follow me into my shrooms, also when **** farming i like to keep poison on all the creeps to bring the wave down faster, it scares the **** out of ppl when ur hitting them for 1k damage then wipe out there creep wave in 4 seconds.

but yeah just my thoughts

Salerio

12-18-2009

I played AP Teemo for a long time but I've switched to attack speed. I try to get my attack speed up to around 2 at least with Malady, Zeal and that bow that gives 40% armor pen. After I get to roughly 2 attacks per second I go for Frozen Mallet and whatever other dmg I can get. When Teemo is attacking this fast he is completely unstoppable.

Joeface

12-18-2009

I play a DPS teemo
starting items: Doran shield +hp pot
First buy at level 6: berserkers greaves + vamp scepter + hp/mana pots
Then I kill lizard and go ganking.
Depending on team comps and how well I am farming I will buy:
Phage
Recurve bow -> madreds bloodrazor
Last whisper
Endgame either turn phage into frozen mallet for more hp or vamp scepter into bloodrazor for more dmg.

I chug green and red pots like mad after I get my bloodrazor.

Ivanfield

01-01-2010

Here is my build:

Berserker's Greaves + Bloodthirster + Phage(which will become Frozen Mallet later) + Phantom Dancer + Other 2 item which will be done according to enemy.(either AS or damage)

my runes:

+ 17 % AS , + 11 % Cri damage , + % 5 Dodge