Why do we get the threads from Riot asking what is wrong with a champion?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iamtehLoLrus

05-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Explosion View Post
She got three separate buffs and still didn't see much competitive play.

Usually when a champion is extremely powerful yet unpopular, he she or it is still picked competitively with some frequency. (See: Urgot.)

This was not the case.

Still not sure where this 'she was "overpowered"' stuff is coming from.

"Overpowered" actually has a meaning. It's not just a word to say about a champion you like.
Her win rates from what i understand were the 2nd highest in the game prior to the rework. And Urgot was ridiculously OP for a very long time before anyone realized it in the competitive scene.

Super Explosion

05-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineNoblesse View Post
Eve at the LCS... Her ultimate is really bad right now, even with the range on it.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3307159
*Edit: Thread it got the link from about her.
The problem is the combination of abilities.

Ward-evade plus ranged burst.

Thus they'd have trouble making her ult powerful.

Mirror

05-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
I haven't ever thought of it - maybe it's worth pitching to Statikk? It would hamper her burst significantly which makes it tricky for her to accomplish her job of murdering someone - but maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea - unsure.
Actually I think pulling power/damage off her ultimate and leaving it on her Q would only be a buff for Akali. Many times you're forced to "waste" damage in a chase by using minions or champions other than your target for transportation. And you're forced to "waste" mobility in a toe-to-toe duel by spamming your ultimate just for the damage and vamp.

It would help the character a lot if the damage were on the Q/auto-attack passive and not on the R.

It could also potentially improve counterplay against Akali if her spell damage was mostly dependent on her Q. "Akali threw a Q on me, let me back off the lane for a second," and "Akali's out of energy from spamming Q for harass/last-hits, now's my chance."

Phreak

Shoutcaster

05-11-2013
38 of 40 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
Brilliant idea! Xerath now gets Anivia's passive.

Let's give Kha'zix Anivia passive too while I'm at it...
If I evolve his W, I make my targets revive after a few seconds in an egg?

Super Explosion

05-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamtehLoLrus View Post
Her win rates from what i understand were the 2nd highest in the game prior to the rework. And Urgot was ridiculously OP for a very long time before anyone realized it in the competitive scene.
Man, just look up her past lolking win rates.

They fluctuated wildly from week to week because so few people played her.

Honestly, people who like a champion are really prone to screaming "wow she's just so overpowered", but it tends not to be so.

I mean, you can just look up old videos of professional teams and 2k elo solo queue trying to run Sejuani.

The result was not "overpowered".

Super Explosion

05-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
An egg which they never can leave, until Kha'Zix comes again to cook them.

Xelnath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Systems Designer

05-11-2013
39 of 40 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
No way! That's not unbalanced enough.

Now if you evolve Kha'zix W, it can strike allies and give them a temporary GA upon death.

However... they respawn as Draven until they die.

iamtehLoLrus

05-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Explosion View Post
Man, just look up her past lolking win rates.

They fluctuated wildly from week to week because so few people played her.

Honestly, people who like a champion are really prone to screaming "wow she's just so overpowered", but it tends not to be so.

I mean, you can just look up old videos of professional teams and 2k elo solo queue trying to run Sejuani.

The result was not "overpowered".
If by "all over the place" you mean consistently over 50%, then, um ok? Do exactly what you suggested, look at her pre and post rework win rates, its practically a straight line across (more noise pre rework, but the trend is clearly flat). The only thing that changed is she got much more popular. So mission accomplished.

Super Explosion

05-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamtehLoLrus View Post
If by "all over the place" you mean consistently over 50%, then, um ok? Do exactly what you suggested, look at her pre and post rework win rates, its practically a straight line across (more noise pre rework, but the trend is clearly flat). The only thing that changed is she got much more popular. So mission accomplished.
Is "consistently over 50%" the "2nd highest in the game prior to the rework"? No?

As for the fluctuations period, you need to check history from a good bit before her rework was revealed-- particularly in Normals where she was perhaps mostly played.

But I mean you're clearly changing your story to make a champion you like sound more powerful.

None of those stats seem to indicate "overpowered" 'second highest winrate'.

systoll

05-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
In general, we change things for two reasons: Power level in competitive play (AKA - why I keep pushing for more Lulu nerfs)...
I'm curious about this -- what's wrong with Lulu's competitive power level? We've seen Lulu getting picked with reasonable frequency this season, but as far as I can see, at no point has she actually been winning games. (Eg: 37% competitive winrate in January, before the first set of nerfs.)

It could certainly be argued that her low winrate presently (in competitive and noncompetitive play) is more about being outshone by Sona or Thresh than about being objectively weak... but that only leaves me wondering why Sona hasn't been touched at all this season.