Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


Why do we get the threads from Riot asking what is wrong with a champion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DivineRaiu

Senior Member

05-11-2013

Will Eve be receiving any kind of buffs back to her ultimate? I feel that it was a little over-nerfed.
Or do you think she is in a good spot now.?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Super Explosion

Senior Member

05-11-2013

Quote:
Xelnath:
Brilliant! Riot let's name Ziggs explosion after him!


Icathian Super Explosion.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Super Explosion

Senior Member

05-11-2013

Quote:
DivineNoblesse:
Will Eve be receiving any kind of buffs back to her ultimate? I feel that it was a little over-nerfed.
Or do you think she is in a good spot now.?


Eve has ward-evade.

Ward-evade plus ranged burst can be a problematic design choice.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rhiljeryne

Senior Member

05-11-2013

Quote:
DreamsOfGrandeur:
....


More or less. The problem wasn't in power, it was reliability, as Xypherous pointed out earlier it wasn't something that could easily be addressed with numbers hence the rework. What the new Sej gives us is just that, it's less necessary for us to need an 'ideal' situation to utilize her to maximum efficiency than it was before. Sej's initial theme was more about good utility than raw power so most of the Sej players were willing to make that compromise to see that she'd have a smooth early game transition.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tachi

Recruiter

05-11-2013

Xyph, can you give us any insight on plans for Warwick? Or at least any grape-vine things.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DreamLeviathan

Senior Member

05-11-2013

Quote:
Super Explosion:
You should give Kog'Maw Anivia's passive.

Kogmaw reverts to an egg on death and will resurrect after x seconds. If the egg is destroyed, it explodes, dealing true damage in an AOE.

resets on kill


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iamtehLoLrus

Senior Member

05-11-2013

Quote:
Super Explosion:
She was so "overpowered" that not only was she buffed multiple times (how much did that do?) then reworked, but apparently this "overpower" lead to her 'early game' 'sucking'.

I'm not sure you know what "overpowered" means.

It doesn't mean "this one skill here has slightly higher damage, wow".


I dont recall her ever getting many large buffs. The reason that she was reworked wasnt that she was weak, but because she was unpopular, and buffing her to make her popular would have made her ridiculous. Reworking (and her changes werent anywhere near the scale of the karma rework) makes her more accessible without having to increase her power levels.

Community perception and champion power levels dont always match up.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iamtehLoLrus

Senior Member

05-11-2013

Quote:
DivineNoblesse:
Will Eve be receiving any kind of buffs back to her ultimate? I feel that it was a little over-nerfed.
Or do you think she is in a good spot now.?


Eve sees spot LCS play, and has solid win rates, so I wouldn't expect one.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Super Explosion

Senior Member

05-11-2013

Quote:
iamtehLoLrus:
I dont recall her ever getting many large buffs. The reason that she was reworked wasnt that she was weak, but because she was unpopular, and buffing her to make her popular would have made her ridiculous. Reworking (and her changes werent anywhere near the scale of the karma rework) makes her more accessible without having to increase her power levels.

Community perception and champion power levels dont always match up.


She got three separate buffs and still didn't see much competitive play.

Usually when a champion is extremely powerful yet unpopular, he she or it is still picked competitively with some frequency. (See: Urgot.)

This was not the case.

Still not sure where this 'she was "overpowered"' stuff is coming from.

"Overpowered" actually has a meaning. It's not just a word to say about a champion you like.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DivineRaiu

Senior Member

05-11-2013

Quote:
Super Explosion:
Eve has ward-evade.

Ward-evade plus ranged burst can be a problematic design choice.


Eve at the LCS... Her ultimate is really bad right now, even with the range on it.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3307159
*Edit: Thread it got the link from about her.