Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


False Item choices: Statikk Shiv

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ginsu23

Junior Member

09-26-2014

shiv lightning passive can crit. if you also have infinity edge, that's +250 dmg when it procs, and it procs a lot, especially on a high attack speed champ. It's not very hard to get 100% crit chance with an adc, you might be kind of squishy, but you will always be squishy unless you build completely defensively anyway thanks to magic/armor pen (looking at you, Last Whisper). Shiv on Yasuo is amazing due to his passive since shiv +IE =90% crit chance already. The rest can come from runes and maybe masteries, or another item with only 10% crit. Shiv is so easy to proc, it's insane on a hi-crit build with IE.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The5lacker

Senior Member

09-26-2014

Quote:
Ginsu23:
shiv lightning passive can crit. if you also have infinity edge, that's +250 dmg when it procs, and it procs a lot, especially on a high attack speed champ. It's not very hard to get 100% crit chance with an adc, you might be kind of squishy, but you will always be squishy unless you build completely defensively anyway thanks to magic/armor pen (looking at you, Last Whisper). Shiv on Yasuo is amazing due to his passive since shiv +IE =90% crit chance already. The rest can come from runes and maybe masteries, or another item with only 10% crit. Shiv is so easy to proc, it's insane on a hi-crit build with IE.

Thread's from 2013 and was retarded then you daft imbecile.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FantasySniper

Senior Member

09-27-2014

1081475

necro.jpg

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RockJockey

Senior Member

09-29-2014

Dudes and Dudettes, I wrote this thread over a year ago, why are you bringing it back up?

My views on the item Statykk Shiv have changed since then. It is a good item for certain ADCs, most notably Ashe, and others can make very efficient use of its electrical charge system. Its a trade off, more 'burst' damage versus sustained damage that Phantom Dancer provides.

However, in the late, late, Late game, most ADCs will probably sell Statykk Shiv to get a Phantom Dancer due to its 30% Crit and 50% Attack Speed. 55% Crit > 45% Crit.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Captain Astora

Senior Member

09-29-2014

Nice to see a few others realize how bad of an item it is (I prefer Lightbringer so much better) and is more gold efficient.