Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

PBE: Heads-up to Corki, Tristana and Kha'zix players

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wiredmana

05-10-2013

What' about Ziggs and his Bomb-bounce?

TaggedJC

05-10-2013

Quote:
Xelnath:
It was be extremely problematic if those characters gained free Zhonya's effect on a 10 sec or less cooldown.

But it wouldn't be that bad to have *specific* things able to be avoided during the jump. Namely traps and possibly ground-targeted AoE effects. For instance, Yordle Snap-Trap, Bushwhack, Noxious Trap, Jack-in-the-Box (though just the trigger - it could still attack a jumping target), Chum the Waters' fish sticker, and maybe specific things like Tormented Soil (though most ground-only AoE have a negligible effect for people who would travel through them near-instantly).

You could still fire a Mystic Shot at someone who is jumping at you (you'd be aiming it "under" them, but that's just how it works with no Z-axis), and still attack them with basic attacks or targeted abilities (unlike a Fizz mid-jump who pops projectiles already en route).

Basically, it just means they'd be able to leap over the things they should be able to logically jump over. If they can jump over terrain, why not Yordle Snap Traps? This may be a slight nerf to Caitlyn, but her traps are still a *very* strong ability even if a couple of jumping Champions can leap over them. It just means she has to play smart and drop the trap where she expects the jumper to land, so that they end up landing right on top of the trap! Bwahaha!

Lynaia

05-10-2013

Quote:
Xelnath:
It was be extremely problematic if those characters gained free Zhonya's effect on a 10 sec or less cooldown.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Vayne invulnerable when tumbling?

Xelnath

Recruiter

05-11-2013

Quote:
Unknown Menace:
Is this fix also applied with the upcoming champion Aatrox?

No, it's not. We want to apply it, but currently, it causes an assertion in the pathing engine. I'm attempting to fix it, but I'm having a hard time getting the game to compile on my machine. #FirstWorldGameDevProblems.

StormbreathDragn

05-11-2013

I just want their jumps to be actual jumps, and not dashes with a cosmetic vertical animation.

Ur Nerd

05-11-2013

Xelnath, could you look into the fact that Tristana doesn't actually 'jump over' things, if she attempts to jump over a Caitlyn Trap for example, she gets stunned mid-air, shouldn't she actually jump over it? Like Kha/Zac?

Senamoru

05-11-2013

Quote:
Xelnath:
Not yet, but CertainlyT is looking into a solution for that.

simplistic guess without seeing how you wrote it all but a quick if statement in an update type method that looks at the champs y position over the time of the jump while checking for specific things ie. traps, etc on the x and z positions and telling to ignore them.

Jed

05-11-2013

Quote:
RmX BlackOrWhite:
what about Graves E?

This

BcosICan

05-11-2013

Pls make this for LeBlanc. I hate failing her W.

Silent Reaper

05-11-2013

Xelnath please post any updates on Fiora!