"Not as good as Dota 2"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vrouge

05-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximilian View Post
Personally I think league looks better visually, I think Dota is just hard to see.
Personally I think LoL is aesthetically a little too childish/cheesy and its graphics are just inarguably worse.

Quote:
I do not enjoy how dota gives you everything right away. I think leveling gives lower level players a chance to play around their own skill level instead of jumping into games with experienced players like dota can do. I also like how there are runes. It makes champions able to be played with so much versatility and if you actually play ranked its a huge strategy match up. I can pick different runes vs different lanes for the same champion or enemy composition. This is what separates the good from the bad and the players who consider the huge strategy element league has over dota. To be a high ranked player and win a lot you have to have a strategy going into the lane and game which runes and masteries provide A LOT of variation in.
You're obviously clueless mate. Newer players are directed towards the tutorial quests and there are (or will be) tools to help new players such as in-game guides, a heropedia, bot matches and a soon-to-be finished tutorial and mentor system. This is not to mention that newer players will be pitted against other new players and the hero pool is diminished for brand new players. Runes are one of the reasons I dislike LoL's gameplay. Why is it that there is a system in which you have to physically unlock runes that affect your in-game stats? Why? It's nothing but a gimmick and it's nothing more than a bunch of stats that I could otherwise build within the game via items. Runes and masteries are just gimmicks that make it seem like there's more diversity than there really is. For the mostpart you will always pick the most optimal runes and masteries. There is no added strategy there... in Dota everyone starts on equal terms which is better IMO. Oh come on... you can't be serious mate? Runes and masteries are just a bunch of stats that you have to grind to unlock.

Quote:
I also dont enjoy denying in Dota. I dont think its a good mechanic, this was an unintentional feature the Warcraft 3 engine supplied which was not taken out. It does 2 thing:

1. If you always win your lane, denying allows you to completely shut down a player. In league a player can always come back, there is losing lane, and losing lane gracefully in league.

2. Denying makes players focus more on that boring part of killing minions in the early stage of the game. Only having to focus on one set of creeps in League gives players more time to poke, harass, test their strength vs their match up and be more active in general.
It is not an unintentional feature. You have no idea what you're talking about. It's intended to be this day. Dota is a more competitive game than LoL ever will be and this allows players to do more in lane than just last hitting.

1. You cannot completely shut down a player with denying alone.

2. No it does not. Are you getting denied? Oh what's that? Harass the enemy?

Quote:
To sum it up, I've played Dota/Dota 2, and PERSONALLY I do not like them. The choice in yours in the end. Those are the reasons I don't like Dota's design as a game, I just think that league has a much more well thought out design.
To each their own but LoL is one big ass button mashing fest to me.

SysreqVaries

05-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrouge View Post
Congratulations on listing the 2 most common and most retarded complaints by LoL players. If you are constantly clicking on the minimap by "accident" then you must panick a lot because in my 1500 matches I've only ever had that happen... never once. The UI constitutes about 27-28% of the screen leaving 72-73% for you to view the game. That's plenty of room and even more if you actually er... scroll around???
Here's the thing: players shouldn't be consistently complaining about the UI. I play Dota 2 and I hate the UI too. It's so unnecessarily big. The shop is pretty **** to IMO. One thing that's nice about Riot that I think people don't appreciate is that they're constantly trying to improve little things. For example, that CC bar they're working on? That'd be pretty cool to have in Dota. Especially with such stupid long CC.

Uniquisher

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrouge View Post
To each their own but LoL is one big ass button mashing fest to me.

And Dota is different..... RIGHT

Saturdays

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-11-2013

you all are bipolar as ****. play both and have fun

MrEmms

05-11-2013

At least player support in dota get back to you.

I've been waiting a few days now for an answer.

Oh and dota has a more mater fanbase aswell.

Warrikon

05-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by strossus gran View Post
why not zoidberg?
Attachment 682310

supergamewizard

05-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPPPPPPPPPPP270 View Post
Fanboys
I had a debate about if Minecraft is better than Terraria.
The common flaw is the fanboys has never played both for a good amount of time.
30 minutes playing Dota 2 is not enough.
50 hours is good enough for that game.
Games like console RPGs are smaller like 10 hours.
I played Dota for many hours, and I didn't like it as much as League.

supergamewizard

05-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekeji View Post
Dota 2 is over all a better quality game visually than LoL. However it is only a year or so old and LoL has been around a few years.

Dota 2 gives you everything you need to play and doesn't require grinding for runes or a summoner level that gives you a skill tree. Also they have hats.

However LoL is fun because the creeps function differently, everything isn't so dark and dreary, and you get more feed back about your teammates constantly.

Both games are fun and different enough to be enjoyed together.
I hate the Dota 2 visuals.

Golden Dawn Mage

05-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SysreqVaries View Post
Runes are one of the reasons I dislike LoL's gameplay. Why is it that there is a system in which you have to physically unlock runes that affect your in-game stats? Why?
Because it allows each player uniquely be unique and alter their game play as to how they want to play.

Keirndmo

05-11-2013

So much "I played the game and got stomped therefore it's bad." in this thread.
Just because you gave sniper 28 kills because you don't know how to play the game does not make it bad.