Rules for ARAM?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ColdSnow

11-14-2010

I have recently started playing ARAM matches and I enjoy them a lot but the only issue I have is that the "Standard Rules" seem to change for each match I play.
For example sometimes the game allows 1 Fort on each team and others that allow snowball items while other follow the general rules as I know them to be.
Now while this could be just the host's choice of how the ARAM should be played, I get thrown off when the host tells us the game is going by "Standard Rules" and does nothing further to explain what the rules are untill someone complains that someone else is cheating by using a snowball item like occult only to be told after the fact that it was allowed.

The "Standard Rules" as I see them are:

No Fortify, No Jungle, No Brush, No Snowball Items, No GA,
No recall/walking back to fountain,
You can only buy when you die
and the rule that's the reason it's called ARAM
is it's all random and all Mid and only Mid

The next rule, I am not sure of, as I don't see it mentioned that often but I would consider it to be a rule
No using ults like EZ and Gangplanks to farm top and bot lanes.

If anyone can confim what the "Standard Rules" really are for ARAM this would save me from a lot of frustrated ARAM matches.

Promise

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-14-2010

Ask them to list the rules before the game starts. Most game starters spam it in all chat :x.

And what you listed is generally the 'standard rules'.

Quote:
No Fortify, No Jungle, No Brush, No Snowball Items, No GA,
No recall/walking back to fountain,
You can only buy when you die
and the rule that's the reason it's called ARAM
is it's all random and all Mid and only Mid
I've yet to play an ARAM/DRAM game that let people have fortify or snowball items o_O.

Quantumprophecy

11-14-2010

First rule of ARAM, you don't talk about ARAM.

Baalhrezem

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2010

I play with the rule if your inhibitor is down you can walk back to the fountain only to heal.

ColdSnow

11-14-2010

Most game starters do spam the rules befores starting but I find at least half of them just say "Standard Rules" and leave it at that and then start the match which is annoying cause then when the game starts I find out that 1 Fort was allowed on each team and my team didn't pick one up because we didn't know we could have one or that snowball items were allowed after they already got some stacks on their items. This happened to me in at least 5-6 of the matches I played or at least something along the same lines. If you never played with these rules before then I might have just been unlucky.

Promise

Recruiter

11-14-2010

Yeah, you might've just been unlucky o_o.

If you play ARAM frequently, start up rooms yourself and buddy other people who make ARAM games.

The3cho

12-24-2010

Sound fun. I should really try this.

nivekuil

12-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by The3cho View Post
Sound fun. I should really try this.
You should also try reading the date of the thread.

BeastMode

12-24-2010

The primary rules you listed are correct. As for using global ultis to farm side lanes I'm really not sure... honestly, even if I could, I wouldn't waste an ult like gp's or ezreal's just to farm creeps instead of going for a kill since people often get stuck at low HP and both of those ults would be better suited for a fight in mid where all the action is.

nivekuil

12-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastMode View Post
The primary rules you listed are correct. As for using global ultis to farm side lanes I'm really not sure... honestly, even if I could, I wouldn't waste an ult like gp's or ezreal's just to farm creeps instead of going for a kill since people often get stuck at low HP and both of those ults would be better suited for a fight in mid where all the action is.
srsly now.